PDA

View Full Version : Pro Kennex Core 1 No. 6

pkcore1
05-08-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm 17 and recently started playing tennis about 2 months ago and I play around 3-4 times a week. Me and my friend went to Play it Again Sports, she got a Prince and I got a Pro Kennex. I really like the racquet, and for 15 bucks at Play it Again (it's 130 online!) it has few blemishes or chips. I've been thinking of getting a new one, but it works excellent for me and I thought I heard that it's a pretty rare racquet?

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else has this racquet and/or knows what a good string tension is? And what kind of string I should use?

Thanks! :)

daddy.dirtsurfer
05-08-2008, 06:11 PM
ask xube under the thread titled The Redondo Club.

anirut
05-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I've sold off mine ... But, hey, it's a good stick. A keeper.

I do not recommend poly on the #6 as the string will be good only for the first 4 hours of play (max), due to the 16x18 string pattern. You can really enjoy poly during the first few hours, after that things may begin flying to the fence. ;)

Try some decent syn gut first, 17 guage at 58 or 60 lbs, like the Prince Duraflex or the Gamma Wearguard. This will give you some ideas how the racket will suit you.

The #6 is quite suitable to modern style of play, but make sure your swing is smooth and "complete".

Bud
05-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm 17 and recently started playing tennis about 2 months ago and I play around 3-4 times a week. Me and my friend went to Play it Again Sports, she got a Prince and I got a Pro Kennex. I really like the racquet, and for 15 bucks at Play it Again (it's 130 online!) it has few blemishes or chips. I've been thinking of getting a new one, but it works excellent for me and I thought I heard that it's a pretty rare racquet?

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else has this racquet and/or knows what a good string tension is? And what kind of string I should use?

Thanks! :)

Isn't it a 90 sq. in. frame with a wood core? I've heard it's a pretty sweet racquet.

anirut
05-08-2008, 06:44 PM
^^
Bud, it's a 95 head with, yes, wood core. Really sweet feeling stick.