PDA

View Full Version : Prince Graphite Classic Mid+

tsongaali
05-08-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm liking the price, weight, and much more. Anyone have or used this racquet? If so, what is your personal opinion about the racquet.

BkK_b0y14
05-08-2008, 09:02 PM
I've been using it for the past 2 years but i'm thinking of switching to the AK90 because lately the POG has been stiff and hurts my arm.

Groundstrokes: This is where the racket really shines, it is unbelievably forgiving and has tons of spin. Hits a heavy ball. 10/10

Serve: Can't say much here, sometimes I can serve flat bombs but I usually can't seem to consistently serve well with this stick. Good kick serves though. Average 7.5/10

Volleys: A little bit above average, volleys just feel weird with this stick but they are really forgiving and are solid. 8/10

All in all a very good players stick that you should consider as another option when comparing others like K90, Prestiges, etc.

NLBwell
05-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Most people on this board have probably used it. It is one of the best rackets ever made and shines in all facets of the game. Everything is solid. Can hit great spin serves, good flat bombs, an excellent volleying stick, and great on groundstrokes - small enough head to hit flat with wide enough string pattern to get tons of spin. One of the great touch rackets. It will not have the power of a Pure Drive or similar racket, and it is heavier than most rackets these days so you can't snap it with just wrist. If you like modern lighter high-power rackets it may not be for you, but most anyone with classic strokes can play well with it, even if they have different racket as their particular favorite.

mdjenders
05-08-2008, 10:28 PM
One thing about the current "Tour" POG mid is that the SW is very low. Other sites spec the SW much lower than TW, and in my experience with a few of these frames, it feels like something around 310. With such a low SW, you can really generate huge racquet head speed, and with a modern windshield wiper stroke combined with the 14x18 pattern, mega heavy topspin balls will bombard your opponent!

As said earlier, stiffness is the main drawback, but that stiffness makes the frame feel really stable, IMO.

DLE
05-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I bought 2 from TW, strung with Luxilon ALU Power Rough in mains @57 lbs and Gamma Asterisk Spin in the crosses @ 57 lbs ( with the two rough strings I haven't seen practically any string movement or sawing through of the crosses by the Luxilon). I added 4.5 grams of lead at 10, 12 and 2 oclock each and then 13.5 grams in the handle to balance out. With the additional weight it is super solid and has tremendous plough through. This also addressed the low swingwieght mdjenders posted about. However, you may want to try it without any additional weight first because you can get tremendous head spead in stock form as mdjenders said. No frame vibration, very comfortable ("buttery") contact and has been easy on my arm even with the Luxilon. I have been able to hit fantastic groundstrokes with it (hard, heavy and easier access to angles) as long as I swing hard, my contact point is out in front and I stay low and move through the ball instead of jumping up and/or back. I can really hit the ball flat with this racquest as well as, as many others have stated, have great top spin or slice due to the open string pattern. Kick serves are far better than any other racquet I have played with (Yonex RDS002 Tour & RDS001 mid, all the Head Prestiges, Wilson PS 85, Slazenger X1). With the extra weight flat serves can be bombs if your arm and back are strong enough to get good acceleration with the weight and your technique is good and relaxed/flowing. I have found my serves to be more consistent with the POG.

In short, to answer your original question, the racquet has been great for me on all accounts.

Tarboro
05-09-2008, 01:24 PM
It's a classic. The best serving racquet I ever used. Big kick is easy. Slice and flat serves are as good as any other frame out there. Off the ground I had an easier time generating spin than raw power.

My only complaint is that it ate strings. 16 ga. poly was the only string that lasted for me.

I have the older 4-stripe version dating from the late 1980's.

baek57
05-09-2008, 05:49 PM
overall a good racquet... can feel a little stiff. not as good as some other racquets, but its up there.