PDA

View Full Version : Kneissl's Tom's Reach Machine grip?

dt101
05-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Okay, I just bought a used white Tom's Reach Machine. I question to all of you who know more than me is this: is it possible to replace the pallet from an L4 to an L3 size? I was told that Kneissl does not use a pallet system and that all of it's rackets are a one piece design. The grip size that I bought was a 4 1/2 and I want to get it down to a 4 3/8. So what are my options? Can I sand it down? Should I have a professional do that?

classic tennis
05-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Okay, I just bought a used white Tom's Reach Machine. I question to all of you who know more than me is this: is it possible to replace the pallet from an L4 to an L3 size? I was told that Kneissl does not use a pallet system and that all of it's rackets are a one piece design. The grip size that I bought was a 4 1/2 and I want to get it down to a 4 3/8. So what are my options? Can I sand it down? Should I have a professional do that?

Sorry to tell you the racquet is hollow so sanding it down will only weaken the grip structure. Try replacing the overgrip with a thinner one.

dt101
06-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Sorry to tell you the racquet is hollow so sanding it down will only weaken the grip structure. Try replacing the overgrip with a thinner one.

You are right. It is a one piece construction. There is no pallet. So you cannot sand down the handle.