PDA

View Full Version : Microgel Instinct VS Prestige MidPlus

pit
05-09-2008, 07:28 AM
I just need an advice. I'm playing with Head Liquidmetal Instinct at the moment. I'm on good semi-pro level. In the past I had a problem with my elbow, but I lowered the string tension a little bit and the problem occures very rarely now. I'm rather offensive ground-stroke player with long swing. I wanna change a racqet and I'm considering Microgel Instinct but due to my offensive style I'm thinking of upgrading to Microgel Prestige MidPlus (98 sq. in). Do you think I would benefit from changing to Prestige MidPlus, would it improve my gameplay and would it cause any problems with my elbow?

TheRed
05-09-2008, 07:32 AM
only you would know if your play improves. Everything else people would say about improvements to your game is conjecture and BS. As for the elbow, you're unlikely to get elbow problems considering the prestige should be more flexible and better for the elbow.

etd
05-09-2008, 09:52 PM
What type of string are you using on your Liquidmetal Instinct? Perhaps a switch to a softer string might help as well.

If you already play well with your Liquidmetal Instinct, there is no need to change.

If you do want to switch rackets, it's always best to demo the rackets you're interested in.

I have the Microgel Instinct and find it to be a great racket. It is very comfortable.

Django
05-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm a longtime user of multifilament strings, but my MG Instinct is strung up with Head Sonic Pro 17, and it has plenty of bite and power. Forget what you heard about "harsh" poly. This one is very comfortable.

bluegrasser
05-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I just need an advice. I'm playing with Head Liquidmetal Instinct at the moment. I'm on good semi-pro level. In the past I had a problem with my elbow, but I lowered the string tension a little bit and the problem occures very rarely now. I'm rather offensive ground-stroke player with long swing. I wanna change a racqet and I'm considering Microgel Instinct but due to my offensive style I'm thinking of upgrading to Microgel Prestige MidPlus (98 sq. in). Do you think I would benefit from changing to Prestige MidPlus, would it improve my gameplay and would it cause any problems with my elbow?

You'll lose some pop - I had a couple MG Prestiges, but found little pop $ no plow through - so I gave up on them - the LM or fxp is a better choice IMO.
The Prestige frames are very arm friendly sticks...