PDA

View Full Version : Wilson nBlade 98 compares too...?

tennisoh
05-09-2008, 06:43 AM
I am looking for a new but similar racquet to the nBlade 98. I am a casual player but want a backup in case the strings break on my nBlade. I bought a Wilson nCode nTour 95 online, but now that I received it I am not sure how similar they will play? Has anyone played with both before? I'll send the nTour back since I have a couple weeks for returns, but I have no problem keeping it either if people on here say they will play similar.

Throw out any other racquets that are similar to the nBlade too if you wish. I'm open to all suggestions and brands.

m1stuhxsp4rk5
05-09-2008, 08:54 AM
why dont you get the kblade 98?

tennisoh
05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
why dont you get the kblade 98?

Basically because I don't have enough money to throw around right now. I was hoping to get a year or two old model for around 100 or less. If I could get the kblade, I would in a second.

AmeliasDad
05-09-2008, 11:39 AM
I am looking for a new but similar racquet to the nBlade 98. I am a casual player but want a backup in case the strings break on my nBlade. I bought a Wilson nCode nTour 95 online, but now that I received it I am not sure how similar they will play? Has anyone played with both before? I'll send the nTour back since I have a couple weeks for returns, but I have no problem keeping it either if people on here say they will play similar.

Throw out any other racquets that are similar to the nBlade too if you wish. I'm open to all suggestions and brands.

I tried the nTour and it's an extremely light frame. I hit well with it but it doesn't handle heavy balls well at all. You can generate a decent amount of spin with it but at times it "whippy" due to its weight. I currently am hitting the the KBlade 98s if that plays anything like the nBlade 98 they are two very different sticks. kBlade has a dense string pattern which makes you have to work harder at generating sping and somewhat lacks power- its hard to consistantly put balls deep in the court. IMO both frames need some weight added to make them work properly.

dacrymn
05-09-2008, 01:56 PM
The head radicals are always similar, and the ntour is also *pretty* close.

PandaKuo777
05-09-2008, 01:57 PM
All i know is that when i played with the nblade and kblade, they felt flemsy and didn't really have enough weight for me to swing with confidence. I'd say stick with k90 for definite.

Doc Hollidae
05-09-2008, 02:24 PM

LM Radical MP. I believe Wilson based the Nblade off of the Radical line.

fortunecookiesjc
05-09-2008, 02:44 PM
haha ive heard the nblade and kblade 98s are exactly the same but new pjs.

Personally played with both but nblade is a bit lighter
My friend who plays on 1st singles on D1 uses the K/N blade 98 and says they are basically the same and prefers his nblade. Looks better IMO

mauricem
05-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I am looking for a new but similar racquet to the nBlade 98.
I currently play with a Nblade98 and a Dunlop M-fil 200 +16*19. Depending on the day I'll choose one or the other and have no problem swapping between them in a match.

The Dunlop is a tad stiffer (not as much as the specs would indicate) and maybe a bit more precise. Static weight of the Dunlop is a bit heavier but swing weight is lighter, adding a bit of lead could match up playing characteritsics even more. The dunlop is also great value:)

wilfreb
05-09-2008, 05:16 PM
i'll recommend Yonex RDS001

jelle v
05-09-2008, 05:24 PM
haha ive heard the nblade and kblade 98s are exactly the same but new pjs.

Personally played with both but nblade is a bit lighter
My friend who plays on 1st singles on D1 uses the K/N blade 98 and says they are basically the same and prefers his nblade. Looks better IMO

Everyone has his opinion, but I strongly disagree with this.. KBlade has less swingweight, is a lot stiffer and has more power. I played both and noticed a big difference. Main difference is the swingweight, wich is noticably lower on the kblade, so it definitely is a little easier to swing in my opinion.