PDA

View Full Version : why does everyone rate Bolelli so highly?; He sucks

BeHappy
05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Seriously, I saw him play Roddick the other day and he's terrible, what gives?All I hear on this forum is how great this guy is etc etc

His backhand is paticularly crap too.

jamesblakefan#1
05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
B/c everybody on this forum jumps on the hot new thing. Bagdatis, Tsonga, Nishikori. Everybody jumps on the hot new thing. When JCF beat Nadal, he was invincible, then he lost to Wawrinka...

rtyd1
05-09-2008, 01:51 PM
I think Bolelli has the ability to get into the top twenty, from what i saw of the roddick match was he had chances to win the match but missed on the key points of the match

CEvertFan
05-09-2008, 02:01 PM
He's a decent clay court player from what I've seen. He didn't play particularly well against Roddick however.

jmsx521
05-09-2008, 06:21 PM
B/c everybody on this forum jumps on the hot new thing. Bagdatis, Tsonga, Nishikori. Everybody jumps on the hot new thing. When JCF beat Nadal, he was invincible, then he lost to Wawrinka...You rate a player's potential based on his/her style of play, not if he/she wins/loses a lot. That's how people already knew that Nadal and Federer will be top players. With Bolelli already having a Top 10 1HBH and a good forehand, I see him solidifying his game and improving another 20 places in the next 1-2-3 years.

By the way, I picked Wawrinka to beat JCF prior to the match... and I even picked Wawrinka to get to the final on my "racket-bracket" I did last week.

Ocean Drive
05-10-2008, 09:55 AM
How can a pro player "suck", especially one ranked so high?

93sq.
05-10-2008, 11:15 AM
HE'S NOT A CLAY PLAYER...first of all...

Then...this is his first year at a good level...he could be a top 20 or only a top 100 (only...)..who knows!?

Kobble
05-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I saw him beat Tursunov. I don't remember much, but recall him having a good serve and forehand. I would need to see more.

93sq.
05-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Seriously, I saw him play Roddick the other day and he's terrible, what gives?All I hear on this forum is how great this guy is etc etc

I'd like to see yours...

Just to know what tennis genius i'm talking to...

Leublu tennis
05-10-2008, 11:37 AM
You rate a player's potential based on his/her style of play, not if he/she wins/loses a lot. That's how people already knew that Nadal and Federer will be top players. With Bolelli already having a Top 10 1HBH and a good forehand, I see him solidifying his game and improving another 20 places in the next 1-2-3 years.

By the way, I picked Wawrinka to beat JCF prior to the match... and I even picked Wawrinka to get to the final on my "racket-bracket" I did last week.
Where are you on the racket-bracket? I really lost out on some of my very traditional picks. So and so must surely beat so and so. And it sure didn't work out.

Leublu tennis
05-10-2008, 11:48 AM

He is 22 years old, ranked #55 which is higher than Haase, Young, Gulbis and Isner. All of whom are considered to have a good future. He has been climbing the ranks at a very steady pace. Ended 2006 at 127 and 2007 at 67. At that rate, he will be pushing top 20 by year end. Thats top 20 player in the world.

You got an example of a similar player who does not "suck"?

93sq.
05-10-2008, 11:50 AM
He is 22 years old, ranked #55 which is higher than Haase, Young, Gulbis and Isner. All of whom are considered to have a good future. He has been climbing the ranks at a very steady pace. Ended 2006 at 127 and 2007 at 67. At that rate, he will be pushing top 20 by year end. Thats top 20 player in the world.

You got an example of a similar player who does not "suck"?
The real question is..."How could a top 100 suck!?"

Leublu tennis
05-10-2008, 11:57 AM
The real question is..."How could a top 100 suck!?"

Isn't that the truth.

93sq.
05-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Isn't that the truth.

? (ten car..)

Leublu tennis
05-10-2008, 12:07 PM
? (ten car..)

That means you are so right! If thats what the ? was for.

93sq.
05-10-2008, 12:08 PM
That means you are so right! If thats what the ? was for.

Yes!!!!!:)

Leublu tennis
05-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Yes!!!!!:)
You are welcome.

jmsx521
05-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Where are you on the racket-bracket? I really lost out on some of my very traditional picks. So and so must surely beat so and so. And it sure didn't work out.Those racket-brackets are impossible to win… although I got pretty close by picking Almagro to beat Wawrinka on the final. And pretty much the rest of my picks were wrong.

Leublu tennis
05-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Those racket-brackets are impossible to win… although I got pretty close by picking Almagro to beat Wawrinka on the final. And pretty much the rest of my picks were wrong.
Its still fun to see how the leaders got there. Amazing choices that proved to be right. They could do well in the betting game.

babolatking
05-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I hate when people on these boards call out these pros where they can kill everyone on this board...

Dwhit
05-10-2008, 03:06 PM

I beg your pardon?

His backhand is technically solid, and he seems to be a pretty sweet striker of the ball on that wing too.

I think top 20 is more than feasable for the Italian Stallion

jmsx521
05-10-2008, 04:18 PM

His backhand is paticularly crap too.I didn't even notice your last sentence till now…. Not happy with BeHappy.

I don’t know if this is a joke or you lack enough observation of Bolelli’s game. Here is my rating of 1HBHs in the current top 100 (in terms of effectiveness in their game). On a good day he is probably even in the Top 5 of 1HBHs:

Federer
Gasquet
Kohlschreiber
Calleri
Volandri
Almagro
Robredo
Gonzalez
Wawrinka
Bolelli
Acasuso
Ljubicic
Lopez
Berlocq
Garcia-Lopez
Blake

(Blank)
05-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Whenever someone says a player sucks in any sport, they're comparing them to the other players they're up against. If everyone were to say 'Well so and so would beat you if you ever played" whenever a spectator said they suck then it would be a very sad sports world.

I mean, by that logic you can't even say the Oakland Raiders suck.

Eviscerator
05-10-2008, 07:36 PM

:roll:

Since when did you assume a great coach or instructor must have been a great player :confused:

His disciples and their records speaks volumes to his coaching/teaching abilities.

Clayalltheway
05-13-2008, 06:40 AM

I'm Italian and I've been watching Bolelli play for the last 5-6 years and his groundstrokes are rock-solid, especially his forehand's quite a weapon..

I believe that considering his technical abilities is definitely a top 10 or 20 (you decide it's not that much of a difference right now).

His bigger flaw it's his mind/attitude: he rarely comes out of a match angry with himself for the way he played.

He does not make adjustments throughout the game and plays a break-point as if he was 40-0...

I'm not sure if you can improe that..

That's all for me

BeHappy
05-13-2008, 10:31 AM
I didn't even notice your last sentence till now…. Not happy with BeHappy.

I don’t know if this is a joke or you lack enough observation of Bolelli’s game. Here is my rating of 1HBHs in the current top 100 (in terms of effectiveness in their game). On a good day he is probably even in the Top 5 of 1HBHs:

Federer
Gasquet
Kohlschreiber
Calleri
Volandri
Almagro
Robredo
Gonzalez
Wawrinka
Bolelli
Acasuso
Ljubicic
Lopez
Berlocq
Garcia-Lopez
Blake

this is a joke right?That backhand was Rusedski like.

BeHappy
05-13-2008, 10:31 AM
:roll:

Since when did you assume a great coach or instructor must have been a great player :confused:

His disciples and their records speaks volumes to his coaching/teaching abilities.

what are you talking about?

Eastern Technifibre
05-13-2008, 01:15 PM

He played one of the worst matches of his life