PDA

View Full Version : Pure Drive Roddick Std or Ozone Tour for Senior Doubls Player?

GiveMeGut
05-09-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm in my fifties, play only doubles, and currently own a Roddick Plus and an O3 SP White. I love serving with the Roddick but find it sluggish for quick exchanges around the net. I also like its crisp feel. The SP white is just the opposite. Its great around the net but its just an averege serving racquet and I also find it a little too soft and lacking feel. I was thinking about buying the standard length Roddick hoping it would be more manueverable, or the Ozone Tour (not the pro tour)because reports on these boards say it is crisper than some of the earlier O3 frames. Has anyone whose used these frames for doubles have a comment or suggestion?

PED
05-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I've used the std PDR since Feb and like it quite a bit. I didn't go with the XL PDR for the reasons you mentioned above: it was a bit unwieldy for me at the net. The newer Ozone is a nice and crisper than the earlier 03's but I still could not really get on with it. I'm just not a Prince kind of guy and I've really tried though I did like the Black. The PDR is nice for me punching volleys at the net and still really good for ripping angled shots inside the service box. On the volley side, I've had good luck with the pure storm tour as well.

h7hugo
05-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Why you don't think in N Pro Open... it's a great stick... good all round... better in almost everything than PDR (less the serve but I can make a good spin serves and with precision)..

GiveMeGut
05-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Why you don't think in N Pro Open... it's a great stick... good all round... better in almost everything than PDR (less the serve but I can make a good spin serves and with precision)..

I have hit with the nPro Open and found it too light, too stiff and lacking feel, very much like the non Roddick version of the Pure Drive.