PDA

View Full Version : Prince TT Bandit MP

haerdalis
05-10-2008, 01:02 AM
A while back I tried the Bandit OS and thought it was a pretty good racquet but not a racquet I would play with. It seemed most people here thought it was a better racquet than its smaller brother the Bandit MP. I decided however that the price was very good so I wanted to try it. Damn was that a good decision. This racquet is a gem. Even in stock form it is very good. Comfort is quite good, I cant believe it is as stiff as the specs indicate. In fact the TW specs seem pretty far off. The sw cant be 332. Regardless I experimented a bit and after having added weight to the handle and at 3 and 9 it now weighs 334 grams and has a balance point at 32.3 cm and plays great!
Feels much lighter but plays with great stability and control.
I am very impressed. And all this for 55 $!
Anyone using this frame around here?
Can anyone comment on the current tw model compared to the earlier ones?

meowmix
05-10-2008, 06:38 AM
I'd seriously consider this racket, but its very light weight turns me away. 10.1 ounces strung? That's a bit too light.

haerdalis
05-10-2008, 06:59 AM
light weight is easy to change and this raquet responds well to the change imo

Ljubicic for number1
05-10-2008, 07:18 AM
I did have "actually still have 1 of these" but it never really compared to the OS for me, even leaded up.

haerdalis
05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I did have "actually still have 1 of these" but it never really compared to the OS for me, even leaded up.
I have both and I found that the OS became too powerful when leaded up. It did have great spin potential but I found it harder to control. With the MP I have excellent control, really really good actually. Also extreme comfort, so much so that I seriously doubt that it is as stiff as the specs on TW say it is. Perhaps the newer bandits have a lower sw and a flexier frame than the old ones? I bought two and they were not 332 sw thats for sure.