PDA

View Full Version : FYI: New Prince Frame - Speedport Diablo

louis netman
05-10-2008, 02:42 PM
I just heard from a trusted source that, due to the success of the Diablo series of frames, Prince will be releasing the 'Speedport Diablo' this year. The current experimental frame is a combo traditional/modern design. It has a 100 sq in head, 19mm box beam (just like the the Diablo MP), but will additionally be sporting Prince's Speedport system.

jayserinos99
05-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi Louis, was there any mention of the O3 Speedport Graphite?

louis netman
05-10-2008, 05:23 PM
He would have mentioned it if that was the case, but he didn't. IMO, the speedport transition from the POG heritage may be a bit more challenging due to the fact that 1) POG fans are pretty die-hard, old-schoolers and, 2) no modern MP (98+") exists in the line. The 90" is too small, and the 110 is too big... I wish they had a 98 or 100" POG...now that would be just right! :-)

Nellie
05-10-2008, 05:58 PM
This is a racquet for which I have been waiting. I hope it is heavier than the Speedport tour

bluetrain4
05-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I have used the Diablo mid, but was it really that successful as a line of racquets? There was only the mid, the midplus, and the Diablo XP, which was completely different despite the similar name. I know Diablos were fairly successful, but I don't think are the type of frame that everyone will run out and buy it in Speedport form just because it's a Diablo.

kabob
05-10-2008, 07:10 PM
How are they going to drill giant O-port or the rectangular speedport holes into a 19mm beam and maintain structural rigidity?

cujays
05-10-2008, 07:28 PM
i will definetly demo this
it sounds interesting

Nellie
05-10-2008, 07:54 PM
How are they going to drill giant O-port or the rectangular speedport holes into a 19mm beam and maintain structural rigidity?

The O-ports could be thinner and still work. The strings don't need to much range of motion (a couple of mm) for the dampinging.

Also, the racquet is solid, versus coventional racquets that are hollow.

Prince does not drill. Instead, they have a two piece construction, by which the two halves are shapes to form the ports when bonded.

Interestingly, prince has patents on the two piece construction but not on the ports. So if you could take another racquet and drill it, you could sell a racquet with big old ports.

louis netman
05-10-2008, 08:42 PM

Mini speedports...;-)

[d]ragon
05-10-2008, 11:09 PM
if its gonna hav a crossbar, it could be the "speedport pog"

Jack & Coke
05-11-2008, 10:43 AM
He would have mentioned it if that was the case, but he didn't. IMO, the speedport transition from the POG heritage may be a bit more challenging due to the fact that 1) POG fans are pretty die-hard, old-schoolers and, 2) no modern MP (98+") exists in the line. The 90" is too small, and the 110 is too big... I wish they had a 98 or 100" POG...now that would be just right! :-)

They do have a 100" POG.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-PGLB.html

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/big/PGLB-big.jpg
Head Size:100 sq. in. / 645 sq. cm.
Length: 28 inches / 71 cm
Strung Weight: 11.6oz / 329g
Balance: 13pts Head Light
Swingweight: 321
Stiffness: 63
Beam Width: 19 mm Straight Beam
Composition: 100% Graphite
String Pattern:16 Mains / 18 Crosses
String Tension: 45-60 pounds

If you don't like "longbodies", just remove the butt cap, lop off 1" from the end of the handle, and put everything back together.

Nitro
05-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Can they really make the Diablo any better?

master_stringer_mitchy
05-11-2008, 11:27 AM
being honest, i dont think any classic racket can be remade with the new prince ports. if you like the feel of a classic players stick, then the o3's of any nature struggle to compare. thats not me saying one is better than another, just that they weill feel different, thus not being the same stick. the o3's have a more dampened feel and with the other inserts feel different. what im trying to say is that a classic can not be improved in this way, you are changing to much.

Bronc10is
05-11-2008, 01:39 PM
hey louis, is this just a concept that is going to be produced or has it already been made and are there pics?

louis netman
05-11-2008, 05:10 PM
hey louis, is this just a concept that is going to be produced or has it already been made and are there pics?

Think it's ready to be released after one of the GS tourneys this year...

louis netman
05-11-2008, 05:10 PM
being honest, i dont think any classic racket can be remade with the new prince ports. if you like the feel of a classic players stick, then the o3's of any nature struggle to compare. thats not me saying one is better than another, just that they weill feel different, thus not being the same stick. the o3's have a more dampened feel and with the other inserts feel different. what im trying to say is that a classic can not be improved in this way, you are changing to much.

I definitely have to agree...

El Guapo
05-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Um, you've never heard of the O3 Tour, O3 Tour MP, Ozone Tour or Ozone Pro Tour? 18mm

[d]ragon
05-11-2008, 07:51 PM
louis, do u know the weight and or swingweight? thanks

louis netman
05-11-2008, 08:09 PM
ragon;2325551']louis, do u know the weight and or swingweight? thanks

No, but I would suspect it to be similar to the Diablo MP.