PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Aerogel 300 16 X18 sweetspot

bruguerabatigol
05-10-2008, 02:43 PM
I have been using my customized wilson hammer 5.5 spins for maybe 15 years now and I may have finally found a replacement. Used the aerogel 300 16 x18 two days in a row and have been very impressed with the way it hits especially with my one handed backhand. The sweetspot is dead central and I would like to add lead tape at positions 2 and 10. Can someone please advise me how much weight is needed to raise the sweetspot on this stick?

Tennisguy777
05-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I have a thread on the aerogel 300 16 x 19.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=186185

I know that you racquet is heavier than a stock 16 x 19. I'd try like 3g each at 10 and 2 and see how it feels before doing anything else.

The Dampener
05-11-2008, 02:40 PM
I think TW's customization page discusses moving the sweet spot with lead tape. Keep in mind, however, by adding lead to the hoop, you'll be messing with the sixteen-eighteen's pristine HL balance.

obnoxious2
05-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I think TW's customization page discusses moving the sweet spot with lead tape. Keep in mind, however, by adding lead to the hoop, you'll be messing with the sixteen-eighteen's pristine HL balance.

I find TW's customization page thoroughly LACKING. It doesn't give you clear instructions for first time lead tape users on how to apply it. It gives decent explanation on what adding lead tape to certain areas will do. But as for adding it under the bumperguard or using fishweights in the handle instead of the tape, it's lacking.

By the way, if you add leadtape to the hoop, you can always apply leadtape to the handle to balance it back out.

counterpuncher
05-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Can someone please advise me how much weight is needed to raise the sweetspot on this stick?
I don't think there is a magic number, it is bascially as much as you can handle and what works best for you.

Start with 2 inch strips to add about 3 grams. If you can handle more and want to keep going then add a second layer or longer strips. I started with about 3 grams and then ended up with two layers of 5 inch strips from 8'oclock to 10'oclock and 4'oclock to 2'oclock as this worked best for me.