PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Prestige? (Opinions)

Tennis and Tennis
05-10-2008, 04:06 PM
What's your favorite Prestige racket and why?

bluegrasser
05-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Lm Prestige mp - great flex $ feel, and man what a stick to volley with - I can hear Deuce now.....

Tennis and Tennis
05-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Opps forgot Liquidmetal

Tennis and Tennis
05-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Anyway to change poll options?

Nitro
05-10-2008, 04:27 PM
I like the feel of the MG

Lendl
05-10-2008, 05:34 PM
MG is tough to beat, I think it is going to put a serious dampener on the PC600 prices. People will go with the MG instead of spending the $$$ on the PC600.

HeadPrestige
05-10-2008, 11:46 PM
the pc600 is obviously... the best.

that being said i like the flexpoint MP better than the microgel mp and pro... but the microgel mid better than the flexpoint mid.

The LMs are just garbage.

Deuce
05-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Lm Prestige mp - great flex $ feel, and man what a stick to volley with - I can hear Deuce now.....
I never hit with the LM Prestige MidPlus, so I've never offered any opinion on it.

The LM Prestige Mid, however, was a total and absolute piece of junk.
The only good thing about it was that it wasn't mine.

As for favourite... I still like the Prestige Classic Mid best.
Followed by the iPrestige Mid.
The iPrestige MidPlus was good, as well.

I've never tried the Flexpoints or MicroGels.

Speedygonzalez
05-11-2008, 02:16 AM
I cannot choose between the iprestige mid and the pc600.....

pshulam
11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I only played with the pc600 and Prestige Tour. I prefer the pc600 over the Tour. Both rackets feel buttery. The PC600 is crispier, however.

nfor304
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
iPrestige mid. MP was good too, especially on serves, but the mid is a better all round frame

scprestige21
11-09-2009, 06:50 PM
definitely the lm prestige mid +

Gugafan
11-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Poll needs to distinguish between MP and Mid frames...

For MP...FXP>MG,LM

I never got to play with the i.prestige or PC600 but there is alot of hype about these frames.

TnTBigman
11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
LM Prestige MP. My first prestige love comming from a 2 yr usage of the LM Rad MP line. Heavier, yet easier to swing, thus more power, better spin, more stable...my chance experience with that racquet made me switch right then and there.

furyoku_tennis
11-09-2009, 07:21 PM
prestige classic all the way. microgel in a close second.

khw72004
11-09-2009, 10:34 PM
There has been so many versions of the Prestige that have been left out of this poll

Ross K
11-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Anyone know the lowest stiffness and softest feeling of the FXT, MG and LM?

BTW, Unfortunately haven't played the PC600, nor others, only played with the i. Prestige MP... great frame... nice control and very crisp and clean-hitting.

R.

Arize
11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
I use the i.prestige mid plus, I think it's a perfect frame in terms of balance, weight and swing weight (stock), simply a great racquet, still trying out new strings and tensions, the MG MPs were just too light, as for the mid versions I can't really comment, but from all the Mid Plus versions I think the i.prestige is by far the best one.

cork_screw
11-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Head took away the prestige classic so it can just churn out new prestiges year in. Everytime they do that it would technically outsell the old prestige based on the excitement of a new racquet in the following line. So they are making more money everytime they introduced a new frame; liquidmetal, flexpoint, microgel, and now youtek. And that's why they took it off the production line and will probably not introduce it back. It's not the racquet that sells it's the name "prestige" that sparks the buying interest. The prestige classic could be the best prestige that they have or had out, but they will not sell it anytime soon because they are not concerned with giving the best available option to the public, they are more concerned about turning that profit that spikes in january when new racquets are introduced. How much do you wanna wager that the new aerodrive isn't going to be as good as the original, yet people are excited about what it's going to look like and how it's going to play. It's all about getting everyone excited about introducing something new, that is what sells. Companies prioritize profits over people all the time.

vsbabolat
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Head took away the prestige classic so it can just churn out new prestiges year in. Everytime they do that it would technically outsell the old prestige based on the excitement of a new racquet in the following line. So they are making more money everytime they introduced a new frame; liquidmetal, flexpoint, microgel, and now youtek. And that's why they took it off the production line and will probably not introduce it back. It's not the racquet that sells it's the name "prestige" that sparks the buying interest. The prestige classic could be the best prestige that they have or had out, but they will not sell it anytime soon because they are not concerned with giving the best available option to the public, they are more concerned about turning that profit that spikes in january when new racquets are introduced. How much do you wanna wager that the new aerodrive isn't going to be as good as the original, yet people are excited about what it's going to look like and how it's going to play. It's all about getting everyone excited about introducing something new, that is what sells. Companies prioritize profits over people all the time.

Yeah man I hear you. All that HEAD should do is just give the Prestige Classic 600 a new paint job every 2 years. But instead they change the "Prestige" every two years promising that it play just like the Prestige Classic 600. Unfortunitly it doesn't (I have yet to hit with the YT Prestige. But there have been many broken promices in the past. So I have little faith the YT Prestige will play the PC600.) It is 2010 it is time to do it again.

Ronaldo
11-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Can Head Pros still receive PC600 PJs? Just wonder how a NEW PC600 feels compared to what is available now? Still prefer the iPrestige mid and mp and found and used NOS iPrestiges last year.
Far more flexible than most racquets.

khw72004
11-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I have seen several PC 600 that are brand new but you would have to pay a pretty penny for them

Blade0324
11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
I would have to go with the MG ones pretty easy and then maybe the FP. Classics would be third for me and then the others after that. I don't care for the older frames as well since they feel a bit too soft to me. Just not enough pop from them.

Kingv
11-10-2009, 10:50 AM
I agree totally with vsbabolat, nothing compare with PC600