PDA

View Full Version : Need to change from Ncode Tour

imagohp
01-12-2005, 07:58 PM
I am a all court player (3.5 player) who is looking to change to a new frame that has more feel than my sixone tour. i am currently have the following racquet in mine:

Slazenger Pro X1
PS 6.1 classic

Can u guys offer any suggestions which one would be better?

Thanks

BreakPoint
01-12-2005, 08:11 PM
As a 3.5 level player, I think the Slazenger Pro X-1 would be better for you. The PS 6.1 Classic is much more demanding and heavier. What was it about the nSix-One Tour that you didn't like? If it's the weight, the PS 6.1 Classic is even heavier.

BLiND
01-13-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm around 3.5, and I struggled with the nCode Tour... its sweetpot is small, and hard to find consistantly... you'd be better off with MP racquet... or if you MUST have a mid size... try the Diablo Mid, RDX 500 Mid, or the X1.

Ryoma Kun
01-13-2005, 05:41 PM
u say u want mor feel than the ncode tour??? good luck finding it, that racquet is one of the best in that department for racquets today. trust me, i use the ps6.0 85.

have u tried stringing your racquet lower to enlarge the sweetspot?

agree with the X1, switch to a MP. the classic will be VERY hard to use if you find the ncode tour hard.

also 1 more comment, i dont want to bach on you or anythin, but the n6.1 was not made for a 3.5 player, but if you are, u may want to stick with it, it will make you hit good shots so when you switch to a different racquet, you will be finding the sweetspot on every shot.

thejackal
01-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Agree with Ryoma. Lower the tension and try again. I'm around your level and use a HPS 6.1 without problem, it was strung with BB Alu at maybe 55lb.

imagohp
01-13-2005, 06:50 PM
I am trying to change from ncode is because i think it has a dampened feel like an I prestige mid. i want to try something new that it's more "lively' for instance a RD 50Ti. I string mine at 69lb without any problems.
Before i played with this, i played with (chronologically) Tour 10 mid, I prestige mid and PS 6.0 85.

I just need something fresh for myself. :)

ferrari_827
01-14-2005, 07:43 AM
Ummmm....I wouldn't call I Prestige mid dampened by any means. You get alot of feedback, shots feel very crisp, maybe too crisp.

The RD Ti50 has alot of power despite what people say and is a great frame.

Serve-And-Volley
01-14-2005, 02:51 PM
I also think the 6.1 is a demanding racquet for a 3.5 palyer. I'm a 4.5 and still have some trouble with it! I really like the Pro X1. It has great feel, good power on groundstrokes, nice slice and kick on serve it all is in this racquet.

William Bedford
01-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Feedback and feel from the frame is also subject to what string you use in it. I use the ncode tour with gut and it has plenty feedback.......

nattawut
01-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Agee with WB. Try Bow NG (main)hybrid with prince original (cross), only 10$ a racquet. Practice more with ball machine. Once you hit consistently on the sweet spot, this racquet is best on control and pace.