PDA

View Full Version : How is the Wilson Surge X????

matt5789
03-24-2004, 07:46 PM
What is your reaction on the wilson surge X? and does the Bryan Bros. use it?

Shane Reynolds
03-26-2004, 06:28 AM
I played with this frame for a short while. I finally could not stand the really thick beam and shiny yellow finish anymore. It plays fine, more control that you would think. It is easy to hit a "heavy" ball with it, and it drives and serves with authority. It was okay on volleys but nothing special. If you don't keep a soft string in it, it can start to feel clubbish. It the racquet were no more than 23mm wide and solid black with white and red accents, I would still use it.

kreative
03-26-2004, 10:52 AM
plays similar to the babolat pure drive +, but not quite. cosmetics are terrible.

bryan bros. are only playing w/ a "paintjob" of the surge, and are using the hyper pro staff 5.0 (i think)

what are you looking for in a racquet?

iscottius
03-26-2004, 02:44 PM
it is a good racquet very similiar to PD + for alot less money and IMO better on your arm, as stated the only real issue is the horrible cosmetics......it's a clown stick

Swan Song
03-26-2004, 02:56 PM
I remember when I looked at the old post last month and someone said that the Bryan Brothers both use hps 5.0 stretch, not the standard. And it's strung with NRG2.

kreative
03-26-2004, 04:29 PM
ahhh yes, forgot to add in the "stretch" thx swan. i guess volleys w/ extended sticks can be done huh? would take lots of practice thou.