PDA

View Full Version : My Ksix-one 95 review.

CaveMan
05-11-2008, 06:53 PM
hello all!~

I'm sure several of you saw my thread about my recent purchase of the 95, and i've had two days to hit with it now. I haven't got to hit with it nearly as much as I want, but I want to tell a little story first.

When I arrived at the tennis courts in my town (they are terrible btw) there was a FAMILY there. two adults were playing and their 4 kids were running around the courts. Her mom kept telling all the kids to "stay off the green." Anywho, they would practically stand on the line and walk around, very dangerous. Anyways, dodging all the bikes and screaming, and everything else it was a fun hour to hit. Anyways, my hitting partner hit a screamer down the line, I quickly recovered and hit one back just as hard to the opposite side. It bounced and was a real winner! So much a winner that in bounced and caught a girl who was maybe 10 right smack in the face. Now, I felt bad, but seriously, it doesn't take much to see the speed of our balls compared to theirs...they literally were using BADMITTEN (sp?) racquets and hitting every ball 20 ft in the air. She (the girl) was later riding her bike around the courts with her helmet on.....I thought how good of a shot it could be.......

Alright, before I start the meat and potatoes of the review, I want to add that the only racquets i'm comparing this too are the nPro, Pure Drive +, Head LM8, and APDC.

SERVE:
Service game has never been a strong point for me. In fact, its easily the weakest part of my game. Anyway, the 95 was very solid on serving. In fact, i've hit some of the best serves of my life with this racquet. Putting top spin or a slice on it seems to be very easy. The balls seemed to jump off the racquet, which made for some great shots.

VOLLEY:
To volley with this racquet takes minimal effort. Aside from the unforced errors I force upon myself, its really hard to mess it up. The racquets got all the power to hit a home run, but I find it very easy to keep in play. The racquet feels absolutely splended on a 2HBH, its not a clunk or thud, you just can't even feel the ball hit the racquet.

CONTROL:
The biggest issue with me is control and consistency. I don't have much of either. This has been the first racquet that i've really been able to dictate my shot placement. I don't know if its a confidence boost from using a KFactor, or the racquet is just that good, but I know using the racquet has immensly helped my game. On the forehand side, shots could easily be made powerful the only negative side I found was that I tend to miss the sweetspot. This is probably due to my inexperience, but it certainly seems easier to hit with a 98 nPro than it does with the 95. Over time, I don't think this will be an issue.

OVERALL:
Overall this an extremely good racquet, but you already knew that. I found the total game of this racquet to be great and thus making my game even better. The racquet is an absolute joy to hit with and I am certainly glad I bought the racquet. I would have paid the full $189 for the racquet after hitting with it, I truly feel its that good.

LASTLY, I stuck a babolat Custom Damp on there...........loved it. but the stupid thing will not stay in the strings for the life of me. Almost every other rally it came flying out, and you know what the worst part is???? unlike the W, this one is round, and freaking rolls when it hits the ground. Eventually, I did lose it which i was rather mad about, but i'll have to go pick up a new one and try again.

Also, i'd like to point out that the racquet is strung with Prince Poly Gut (not my choice) and I am not aware of the tension.

Gellin
05-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Is this the 16x18 or 18x20 version?

CaveMan
05-11-2008, 06:57 PM
my bad......16x18

Gellin
05-11-2008, 07:07 PM
How did the groundstrokes feel compared to the other racquets you've used? Was spin generation effortless or did it take some work?

Were you hindered at all by the weight? Did the swingweight feel more/less than 340?

Lendl and Federer Fan
05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Good review, dude.

Lendl and Federer Fan
05-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Just my 2cents, the nice thing about the K95 is I can hit some big bombs without trying real hard. Mine strung with Wilson KGut.

CaveMan
05-11-2008, 07:16 PM
How did the groundstrokes feel compared to the other racquets you've used? Was spin generation effortless or did it take some work?

groundstrokes were a breeze. The nPro was a little hard on me after awhile, seemed as though I had to try and force the ball in some situations. With the babolats the groundstrokes are firm and nice, but just don't have the same feel. The 95 easily outweighed them. As far as spin, top spin was pretty effortless, obviously you still have to give it some effort, but it seemed like it didn't take NEARLY as much to keep it in the court as with the nPro or Babolats. The power was kept the same, just it managed to keep it in. Really good at hitting it deep in the court, but also could be kept shallow.

CaveMan
05-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Just my 2cents, the nice thing about the K95 is I can hit some big bombs without trying real hard. Mine strung with Wilson KGut.

what do you think of that KGut?

Lendl and Federer Fan
05-11-2008, 07:30 PM
what do you think of that KGut?

It is nice and soft, great feel, like a woman's brXXt. :oops: The more you gently caress the better it feels. :)

CAM178
05-11-2008, 07:33 PM
LASTLY, I stuck a babolat Custom Damp on there...........loved it. but the stupid thing will not stay in the strings for the life of me. Almost every other rally it came flying out, and you know what the worst part is???? unlike the W, this one is round, and freaking rolls when it hits the ground. Eventually, I did lose it which i was rather mad about, but i'll have to go pick up a new one and try again.
Try using a rubber band: that way you know it won't come out. For reference, after 25+ yrs of playing, I am now using a vibration dampener for the first time, and I am only using rubber bands.

CaveMan
05-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Try using a rubber band: that way you know it won't come out. For reference, after 25+ yrs of playing, I am now using a vibration dampener for the first time, and I am only using rubber bands.

I have thought about this.....!

by any chance, have you tried like the custom damp, or W, or anything to see how they compare to a rubberband. I know in another section a lot of people like them, but i'm always curious.:)

CAM178
05-11-2008, 07:56 PM

by any chance, have you tried like the custom damp, or W, or anything to see how they compare to a rubberband. I know in another section a lot of people like them, but i'm always curious.:)
I tried the one that came with my racquet (Head), and it played well. Come to think of it, I think you have a great point, because in the tournament I played in this weekend, I kept feeling that my racquet was playing kind of 'dead' (it had a rubber band on it), so I'm going to compare the difference between the Head vd (vib damp) and the rubber band.

Keep in mind that the rubber bands are much more flexible as an option, as they have different widths of rubber bands, versus only one size of the vd. That is the appeal of the rb's, for me. I originally had a thick rb, but replaced that with a much thinner rb, as it did a minor bit of dampening, but did not take away so much ball 'feel'.

CaveMan
05-11-2008, 08:00 PM
you've got to keep me updated on what you think the difference is!! I am overly excited to hear now.

ohhgourami
05-11-2008, 09:09 PM
oooo nice review. i agree 100% about what you said about this racquet and indeed it is amazing.

Lendl and Federer Fan
05-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Caveman, here is one of my sweet K95s:

http://i32.tinypic.com/29oso6o.jpg

CaveMan
05-12-2008, 06:35 AM
i like the K95...but is that a homer simpson fathead?

ps, yours in in lightyears condition ahead of mine.....very pretty.

smO
05-12-2008, 06:43 AM

You should definedly atleast try a rubberband. Compared to Pete Sampras O's ( I haven't tried Wilsons or Babolat custom damps )rubberbands don't dampen as much so they have better feel, but they still don't have annoying ping sound.
And they won't fall off. Also rubberbands are cheap. Nice review btw. :)

airdupont
05-12-2008, 10:31 AM
what happened to your grip? Looks like a mushroom upside down

CaveMan
05-12-2008, 03:31 PM
update!!~! I took the 6.1 out again to hit. I took my buddy who has only played tennis maybe once in his life. Anyway, after showing him a few of the basics, i handed him the Head LM8, he hit with it awhile and I was LOVING the 6.1, I played better than i ever have. Anyways, I then told him to try the Babolat Pure Drive OS, He liked it alot, said it hit so much better.........finally, I said, we'll try this one, and i'll try the babolat. So he took it, and his first forehand he said WOW.....that thing is unbelievable.....you can't even feel the ball, it just goes. I was utterly impressed that even a man who knew nothing about tennis said the 6.1 felt so much better than anything else.....is this racquet really that good? I think so.

CaveMan
05-12-2008, 03:35 PM
this racquet is truly making me play some of the best tennis ever. I have such a great feel for the ball now..

supertrex
05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Sorry for asking this different category. But have anyone here tried the Ksix 95 with Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Fluoro 17 String?

Lendl and Federer Fan
05-12-2008, 06:38 PM
i like the K95...but is that a homer simpson fathead?

ps, yours in in lightyears condition ahead of mine.....very pretty.

Yeah, that's him.

That racquet is almost brand new, hit once so far. I serve so much better with it. :)

CAM178
05-12-2008, 07:12 PM
you've got to keep me updated on what you think the difference is!! I am overly excited to hear now.

Tried out both the rb & the vd tonight, and the rb is the way to go hands-down. The vd is just too much dampening for me. I like a bit more feel, and you can change the different sizes of rb's to suit your needs.

FreshStew
05-12-2008, 07:38 PM
this racquet is truly making me play some of the best tennis ever. I have such a great feel for the ball now..

I know what you mean.

The first time I played with this racquet was the best I have ever played!

I am a beginner(have been playing for 3 years but only during the school season cuz of basketball) and have given up basketball because of this racquet.

I also had issues with the W dampener so I tried rubberbands and didn't like the feel. Right now I am using the Head dampener but have heard the Sampras O is the best.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
05-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Caveman, here is one of my sweet K95s:

http://i32.tinypic.com/29oso6o.jpg

what grip is that. i have been looking for a light blue one! i have 2 k95's and love them and i have a ncode 95. half of my high school team has them:???:
love it. i use the WC silverstring and it is just so amazing.