PDA

View Full Version : POG longbody and 6.1 classic stretch

RoarTT
05-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I have been using the POG longbody for a couple of years now and i like, but i would like to change to something a little more control oriented but stay with 28" length. How is the PSC 6.1 stretch compared to the graphite LB? Obviousley the classic stretch will spin a lot less, considering the tighter stringbed, but is it up to the point that i will struggle with creating spin? Has anyone tried both and can give me some comperance? I can mention that i am mainly a baseliner that doesn't hit the net unless i have to.

Thanks for any answers.

haerdalis
05-11-2008, 11:43 PM
The 6.1 stretch is a much heavier and a lot more stable. Very good control and plenty of spin but you need to be able swing it.

RoarTT
05-12-2008, 06:04 AM
Thank you haerdalis! Have you hit with both?

RoarTT
05-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Anyone else here played with both?

2handsbothsides
05-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I have hit both. The only thing they share in stock form is the 28” length. Actually the 6.1 stretch averaged about 3/16” shorter than 28” and the POG LB was right on. Huge weight difference. 6.1 stretch is stiffer and had lower vibration due to Kevlar and thicker beam. The 5 square inch head size difference is also very noticeable. The 6.1 has the classic oval Wilson shape while the POG is more round so it has a different sweet spot. POG is open pattern, 6.1 stretch is closed. Both are male pro level racquets.

Really depends what you need. I preferred the POG’s larger more open string pattern and the stiffness, weight and lower vibration of the 6.1.

RoarTT
05-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Wich one do you prefer most? If that's something you are able to say.

obnoxious2
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
I don't like the 6.1 stretch. It feels very stiff and has a small sweetspot. Not to mention its 18 by 20 string pattern made the racquet feel even stiffer. Started giving me tennis elbow.

2handsbothsides
05-12-2008, 06:03 PM
In stock form I liked the 6.1 stretch better mostly due to excellent weight, balance and feel. The POG LB required a lot of lead, but with experimentation eventually played better than the 6.1 stretch due to the larger head and open string pattern.

Classic trade offs of a 95 to a 100. The smaller headed 6.1 served better and is a bit faster through the air. The 6.1 is the more precision instrument. Best for a 5.0+. The POG LB was a bit more versatile.

Neither can volley or return serve nearly as well as a POG OS extended or weighted up Chang in my opinion.

As far as stiffness goes the 6.1 stretch was only mid stiff by Wilson’s standards, RA 66 I believe. The POG LB is less stiff, but the thin beam and 100% graphite makes the feel a little raw with more feedback than Wilson’s graphite kevlar blend.

RoarTT
05-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Thank you 2handsbothsides for this very detailed and helpfull comparison