PDA

View Full Version : weight speedport insert

crism54
05-12-2008, 02:30 AM
how much exactly weigh the inserts prince port and hole (side and bottom)of the models speedport black and tour?
thanks

themitchmann
05-12-2008, 04:26 AM
When I changed inserts from the ports to the holes, the overall weight increased by 4 grams. I have not weighed them individual, though. Oh...in the SP Tour.

themitchmann
05-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Just weighed the inserts that I have kicking around:

SP Black String holes: 20 grams
SP Tour String holes: 22 grams
SP Tour String ports: 17 grams

Obviously, there are some minor differences in weight between sets of similar inserts (as the difference in overall racquet weight was only 4 grams from port to holes in SP Tour).

crism54
05-12-2008, 06:47 AM
thanks very much!
according to you it is possible to play without any inserts? is it possible to remove the inserts, to smooth the surfaces of the side of the holes (likethose of the speedports white or o3 tour for don't damage the strings) , after having cut the inserts of the speedports (black or tour) and leave only that one necessary for the traditional hole?

crism54
05-12-2008, 06:50 AM
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/big/O3SBBLU-big.jpg

I intend to say that only the long grommet to the sides, that goes inside a traditional hole seems necessary to me.

themitchmann
05-12-2008, 09:03 AM
No, I wouldn't recommend stringing the frame without a set of inserts in. You should just use the port inserts. I did not mean to imply this...stringing without the inserts could easily damage the string.

The racquets come with the port inserts installed. I merely weighed the racquets, then removed the port inserts and installed the hole inserts, and weighed them again.

05-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Sorry this is old but Mitch is there much difference between the stringport and stringhole. I use the stringport but want more feel and the stringbed to not be so dead. Would the stringhole inserts be ideal?