PDA

View Full Version : Wierd pinging sound coming from my racket

AgassiFan12
05-12-2008, 05:46 AM
I appreciate any advice here....I have been playing with my Dunlop 200g XL's for right around a year (playing only once or twice a week). Just a few days ago one of them out of no where started to make a pinging sound on off center hits. If I hold the handle really tight and far down the sound disappears. It doesn't appear to affect playability, but it's getting to me.

Is there something wrong with my racket? Is there anything I can do to make the sound disappear? I already have a rubberband dampener, and like I said, the sound is brand new.

Thanks for the help!!!

PimpMyGame
05-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Have you removed the buttcap and looked for debris or anything loose?

AgassiFan12
05-12-2008, 06:16 AM
You know I meant to check that yesterday and I just realized I never did that!! What I do know is that that handle is stuffed full of cotton balls because I have lead in the very bottom of the handle. Perhaps the cotton has compressed a bit and the lead is creating the sound. I'll check that and get back....until next time.

AgassiFan12
05-12-2008, 08:21 AM
I checked it out, nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with my racket or if I can keep on playing with it.

Loco4Tennis
05-12-2008, 09:13 AM
some racquets seem to have dampening material of sorts in between the racquet walls, maybe a piece of it came loose or something, try to locate the spot by tapping it with your nuckles or something,
try to contact the manufacturer and explain the problem, they might be willing to work with you