PDA

View Full Version : Head LM Radical MP is a arm friendly racket ?

dallastxtennis
05-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Does Head LM radical MP is a arm friendly racket ?any of you guys have any arm/shoulder issue.

0d1n
05-13-2008, 12:08 AM
I would call it "arm neutral". If you don't have problems ... it won't get them started.
Just use a soft-ish string at mid tension and you'll be fine.
Don't string stiff poly at high tension in that racket (or any 18x20 racket for that matter) because that MAY hurt your wrist.

origmarm
05-13-2008, 12:45 AM
I second that, definitely a neutral, not friendly but not a PD either...

Satch
05-13-2008, 10:39 AM
it's arm friendly... i played with it 2 hours yesterday and nothing.
but i don't like the feel of is, too light.

wao
05-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I would agree with the other as a neutral stick. The Flex Pt is more arm friendly as it has more flex.

Cup8489
05-13-2008, 02:09 PM
it's arm friendly... i played with it 2 hours yesterday and nothing.
but i don't like the feel of is, too light.

lead-it-up.

yes, arm-neutral is the best way to describe it. but again, no poly's, at least not at midrange tensions.

swedechris
05-13-2008, 02:18 PM
in my view , yes. i had several shoulder and upper back problems after playing with prince nxg mp with aramid kevlar and synth gut at 58 lbs but maybe overdoing it ie. palyed too much without real rest to recuperate .. changed to Lm rad mp strung with tf ematrix 17b gauge at 54 lbs and leaded it at 3 + 9 and equal amount under the overgrip and found it nice and smooth to hit with.

AmeliasDad
05-13-2008, 02:21 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about the LM Radical. I've never used it but from what I hear its fairly flexible which helps.

nguyenandyy
05-13-2008, 02:59 PM
would you say
me playing with a lm rad

with full poly at 63 be bad for my arm?

Satch
05-13-2008, 03:27 PM
lead-it-up.

yes, arm-neutral is the best way to describe it. but again, no poly's, at least not at midrange tensions.

maybe but only around the handle cause it's too much HH for my taste.

supertrex
05-13-2008, 08:48 PM
What is the tension that is pre set on this racket? Im interested in getting one....

origmarm
05-14-2008, 12:53 AM
would you say
me playing with a lm rad

Everyone is different. I know a guy that plays with BB orig at 65 in his LM Rad day in day out and has no problems. I couldn't play more than a set with that setup without my shoulder feeling like it was going to drop off.

As a general rule, tight string patterns (18*20), high stiffness and poly don't mix for people with sensitive arms.

0d1n
05-14-2008, 01:59 AM
would you say
me playing with a lm rad

63 is WAY too tight for that racket IMO (especially with poly strings). I don't think I would string it that high even with synthetics.
The 18x20 pattern gives you plenty of control at tensions no higher than 55.
At 57 with SPPP the racket felt "boardy" to me...and I would advise against stringing it that tight.
But ... as origmarm said already ... everybody is different....

TfReAk
05-14-2008, 02:56 AM
I have 2 LM rad MP and I played with full sppp. About six months ago I switched to a hybrid with sppp 1.18 (24kg) in the mains and a soft multi/syn.gut (26kg) in the X's.

Recently bought 2 i.prestige mp for only 50,-. So I'm experimenting with those now with pretty much the same setup as my Lm Rad's.

bertrevert
05-14-2008, 03:02 AM
The LM is alright on elbows, it's a good cross between lightweight with just enough heft to withstand some of what you might get thrown at you on court. I've had a bout of TE recently but I put that down to accumulated time with poly in all frames I've played with.

dallastxtennis
05-14-2008, 05:11 AM
Thank you all so much for your advise, I have two one strung with Forten Sweet 17 full job 56m/60c and the other with Forten Kevlar Thin Blend @ 50m/54c and both setup feel great, recently I experience pain on my shoulder I am not sure cause by the racket, string setup or I think maybe cause by my serve motion that I change lately ( kind like Roddick ). I try to switching back to my old serve motion this weekend to see what happend.

Again, thank you so much for all or your comments.

origmarm
05-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Thank you all so much for your advise, I have two one strung with Forten Sweet 17 full job 56m/60c and the other with Forten Kevlar Thin Blend @ 50m/54c and both setup feel great, recently I experience pain on my shoulder I am not sure cause by the racket, string setup or I think maybe cause by my serve motion that I change lately ( kind like Roddick ). I try to switching back to my old serve motion this weekend to see what happend.

Again, thank you so much for all or your comments.

I would imagine that it's likely to be the Kevlar and/or the new motion. Likely the new motion however if it's a string setup you've had for a while. If you have arm sensitivity then the Forten sweet is a good synthetic for that.

MrAWD
05-14-2008, 06:46 AM
I would also be against the 63 lb. I've received my racquet from TW with string job at 60 and for a wile it played rather stiff. 58 might be better!

Fedja

origmarm
05-14-2008, 08:21 AM
I used to string mine at 59 with PSGD 17g so that's probably about right I would say

AndrewD
05-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Does Head LM radical MP is a arm friendly racket ?any of you guys have any arm/shoulder issue.

Do a search (should be your first task before posting a thread) and you'll come up with a lot of complaints about the LM Radical MP in regards to arm/wrist/shoulder pain. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the least comfortable racquets I've ever used and the worst Radical that Head has ever produced.

Pushmaster
05-14-2008, 06:52 PM
I thought the LM Radical was the worst Radical I've tried by far. Just hated the tinny feel it had upon impact. The LM Radical is not arm friendly to me, I found it very uncomfortable. Really makes me really appreciate my Ti Rad more and more.

nguyenandyy
05-14-2008, 07:16 PM
also

how low can this racket go

i know the lowest they suggest is 52
but do yuo think the racket will break if i go any lower?

i want to see if i can add any more power on my shots

noobplayer
05-14-2008, 07:20 PM
also

how low can this racket go

i know the lowest they suggest is 52
but do yuo think the racket will break if i go any lower?

i want to see if i can add any more power on my shots

the racquet only breaks at higher tensions, not at lower since at lower tensions there is less stress on the frame?

nguyenandyy
05-14-2008, 07:23 PM
but with the lower tension
wouldn't it also cause a lot more vibration and then possibly break the racket?

0d1n
05-15-2008, 12:16 AM
^ No !