PDA

View Full Version : Unindentical Twins Wilson K6.1

penang
05-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I have two Wilson K6.1 95 using it more than 6 months and lately found out both racket are difference in head weight. One is lighter than the other one. Almost 1/4 drop on headsize when compare using a pen, from the throat hole (the edge at 7 o'clock). I took off the replacement grip as well but the butt cap and grommet on. I have gone thoroughly the racket, paintjob. No difference at all except I bought them seperately. Both racket is unstrung now. Should I add lead tape to the lighter handle to balance it. And is this common case to all rackets?

Tarboro
05-12-2008, 12:34 PM
If you want them to match you'll have to add lead tape to the lighter racquet until it's identical to the heavier racquet. This is not terribly uncommon - racquet manufacturers have a tolerance that all frames must meet, but differences within that range are acceptable.

If you like the balance of the lighter frame, you need to add lead as close to the balance point as you can. Adding lead to the handle may cause the racquet to feel head-light.

[d]ragon
05-12-2008, 03:34 PM
welcome to the world of quality control. you can send them to TW and they can spec match them (at a price)

penang
05-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks guys, for feedback.