PDA

View Full Version : Less than $100 racket? pls help

supertrex
05-12-2008, 01:34 PM
I need a second racket less than $100 ( not including the string )

preferably a 95" head size. Light weight but can give more control. and power.

need some advice.....

reesespiecestennis
05-12-2008, 02:00 PM
wilson ntour. I use it and love it. 95 head size, power and control and only $80. trust me.

Serve_Ace
05-12-2008, 02:02 PM
whats the racquet that you're using right now? Well if you want to try one I would suggest the Wilson Ntour Ncode, heres a link to the it, http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-WNT.html

Nitro
05-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Why would you buy a second racquet that doesn't match your first? It kind of defeats the whole purpose of owning multiple racquets.

supertrex
05-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Why would you buy a second racquet that doesn't match your first? It kind of defeats the whole purpose of owning multiple racquets.

Well I saw some of the people playing and seen their racket string brake.

Tennis Court here is 45 mins drive long... I dont wanna drive that far and first set of game my racket broke and cant play...

Btw... I am using a Ksix 95 main racket. im still learning.... but can swing nice and neat.

meowmix
05-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Without a doubt, LM Radical with lead tape. Head lists it as a 98, but it's actually a 95 (it's the way Head measures rackets). Slap some lead tape on, and you'll find that you get plenty of spin, pace, and control.

meowmix
05-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Another racket you can try is the Volkl V-Engine 10 MP. It's a little larger than your 6-1, but you won't notice it. It's closer to spec with your 6-1 than the LM Radical, but a word of caution: it's got less power than your 6-1. Plus it's 25 bucks more expensive. If you're willing to shell out the money, shell out 12 bucks to demo the LM Radical MP, Volkl V-Engine 10 MP, Prince NXG Tour MP and the Doonay Pro 1 Int. They're all great sticks. I STILL most recommend the LM Radical with lead tape, but since you're a beginner, you probably don't want to be messing with lead tape yet.

LanEvo
05-12-2008, 04:45 PM
mfil 300 is my reccomendation

MSL
05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Throw in a few more bucks and you can get 2 Prince TT Bandit's. It's a good racquet for under a hundred bucks.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-TTB.html

-Matt

supertrex
05-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Anyone knows what is the pre strung tension on LiquidMetal Radical? says 55 - 62 ??

was thinking of getting this racquet in sportsauthority since their the same price here in TW. ( cant wait to have it )

they do have the LM radical instinct version, with some good reviews also.

Planning to put lead tape on it....

rod_b
05-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Wilson H-Rival. Can be found for ~$40. 95sq head, power, light weight but stiff.

meowmix
05-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Anyone knows what is the pre strung tension on LiquidMetal Radical? says 55 - 62 ??

was thinking of getting this racquet in sportsauthority since their the same price here in TW. ( cant wait to have it )

they do have the LM radical instinct version, with some good reviews also.

Planning to put lead tape on it....

Lm Instinct? I'd still go with the radical. Basically, Head had 3 light weight "players" frames (I use that generally): the LM4 which weighed in at 10.7 ounces was the most powerful. The LM Instinct which weighed in at about 11.1 ounces was next. The LM Radical which only weighed .1 ounces more was the least. The LM Radical responds to lead the best, and since it as the smallest head size, is closer (it's actually really close) to the HS of you 6-1.

Don't get me wrong, the Instinct's a great racket. But I think the rad will be closer to your 6-1/

markwillplay
05-14-2008, 05:54 PM
what about the volkl tour 10 98.. a bit over 95 but a great stick.

[K]Topspin
05-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Donnay 95.
Dunlop M-fils
Wilson Ntour

supertrex
05-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Finally got the LM radical. Was a nice racket indeed. I did change the string to 16 w/ 55 tension.

Gonna do some experimentation with the lead weights on 3 / 9 position.

but overall it really does looks like my K95 less expensive tho

meowmix
05-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Finally got the LM radical. Was a nice racket indeed. I did change the string to 16 w/ 55 tension.

Gonna do some experimentation with the lead weights on 3 / 9 position.

but overall it really does looks like my K95 less expensive tho

Good choice! :) Now you just need an ounce of lead :)

Serpententacle
05-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Why not try the Donnay Pro One?

Joe D
05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
try a prince shark mid plus around 11 oz great pop on searves groundies and volleys .yet still enough control. gosen poly mains syn crosses.

ace94
05-15-2008, 06:55 PM
I would buy the Ntour. Its a great racquet and its cheap

vndesu
05-15-2008, 07:12 PM
lm rad
ftw.

meowmix
05-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Guys, the OP has bought a new racket. Case closed. :)

Don't know what you guys are responding for. ???

MSL
05-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Guys, the OP has bought a new racket. Case closed. :)

Don't know what you guys are responding for. ???

Hmmm... I wonder if anyone now or in the future will have a desire for the same information... nah...

soyizgood
05-16-2008, 12:32 PM
I just bought a Wilson nTour Two 95 for $100. Got an nTour 95 new at a sale for $60 recently.

[osu]ilovecows
05-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Throw in a few more bucks and you can get 2 Prince TT Bandit's. It's a good racquet for under a hundred bucks.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-TTB.html

-Matt

That is a horrible recommendation. How could you recommend a 110sq in. 9.9oz head heavy racquet when he says he's using a k95? Those two racquets are nothing alike.

MSL
05-16-2008, 05:09 PM
ilovecows;2340804']That is a horrible recommendation. How could you recommend a 110sq in. 9.9oz head heavy racquet when he says he's using a k95? Those two racquets are nothing alike.

Linked to the wrong racquet... The 95 sq in version would fit his requests...

MSL
05-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Linked to the wrong racquet... The 95 sq in version would fit his requests...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-TTBMP.html

soyizgood
05-16-2008, 06:16 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-TTBMP.html

Still not a good recommendation. The K95 is VERY head light and you're suggesting he try a head heavy racquet? A K95 player likely won't have problems generating his own power, yet the racquet you mention is for people that need help generating power out of their strokes....:shock:

meowmix
05-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Still not a good recommendation. The K95 is VERY head light and you're suggesting he try a head heavy racquet? A K95 player likely won't have problems generating his own power, yet the racquet you mention is for people that need help generating power out of their strokes....:shock:

The TT bandit, according to some on here, is not nearly as much of a tweener as you think. Some have suggested that it plays more like your nTours than it does to other rackets in that weight class. I know somebody did a little comp of the two TT bandits. He found that they were pretty decent frames, esp the midplus. In stock they were good, but with lead, they were really good. All hearsay on my part though.

soyizgood
05-16-2008, 06:54 PM
The TT bandit, according to some on here, is not nearly as much of a tweener as you think. Some have suggested that it plays more like your nTours than it does to other rackets in that weight class. I know somebody did a little comp of the two TT bandits. He found that they were pretty decent frames, esp the midplus. In stock they were good, but with lead, they were really good. All hearsay on my part though.

If he wanted something more balanced, he can fork $40 and buy a Dunlop m-Fil 400 at that e-r@ckets place.

MSL
05-16-2008, 07:41 PM

It's not for people that need help generating power. Have you played with one? I haven't played with the OS, but the 95 is a good racquet with huge spin potential and adequate power. For 55 bucks, I think it's hard to beat.

-Matt

MSL
05-16-2008, 07:47 PM

I don't remember seeing the comparison, but the midplus is a solid racquet. If you are on a budget, you could do a lot worse than having 2 of these in your bag.

-Matt

meowmix
05-16-2008, 07:49 PM
If he wanted something more balanced, he can fork $40 and buy a Dunlop m-Fil 400 at that e-r@ckets place.

That's a little too powerful. Here's a link to the review-ish of the bandit MP:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=196691&highlight=bandit

As you can see, it's not that bad a stick. Others here have also commented that it's a nice stick to play with, and can handle fairly advanced players.

Soy, I find it a bit counterproductive for argueing. Are we not both interested in the recruitment of cheap players and the encouragement of others to go cheap? No, offense, but since I don't think you've hit with the bandit (neither have I btw, so this is a bit hypocritical), can we just let this stand as it is?

soyizgood
05-17-2008, 06:08 PM
That's a little too powerful. Here's a link to the review-ish of the bandit MP:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=196691&highlight=bandit

As you can see, it's not that bad a stick. Others here have also commented that it's a nice stick to play with, and can handle fairly advanced players.

Soy, I find it a bit counterproductive for argueing. Are we not both interested in the recruitment of cheap players and the encouragement of others to go cheap? No, offense, but since I don't think you've hit with the bandit (neither have I btw, so this is a bit hypocritical), can we just let this stand as it is?

Fine. 10 char.