PDA

View Full Version : Head Microgel Instinct

tfergus09
05-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi. Just want some opinions on the Head Microgel Insinct. Also if youve hit with Prince white or Tecnifibre can you compare please

pmerk34
05-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Hi. Just want some opinions on the Head Microgel Insinct. Also if youve hit with Prince white or Tecnifibre can you compare please

My impression from demoing was that it was a control oriented 'tweener frame. It is manueverable and you do have use a faster stroke as I was actually surprised at the lack of pop in it compared to the flexpoint version. It's lighter weight hurt me at the net against heavy hard hit balls as there was a lack of stability on some of those volleys, the frame got "pushed around". It was an enjoyable hit and makes a fine choice for those not quite ready for the lets's say Prestige but also do not need a complete featherweight with loads of power.

grass_hopper
05-13-2008, 05:25 AM
you would get more pop with speedport white than instinct. both are stable and good racquets to play with. I prefered Kblade over both for it's volley.

tfergus09
05-13-2008, 06:57 AM
Where does the instincts power lie between? Would it be more powerful than Kblade lets say? More power than an 03 tour. More than an Aeropro Drive Cortex?