PDA

View Full Version : C-10 Pro (98)

Furball
01-13-2005, 04:38 AM
Hi,

I saw 2 versions of the C-10 Pro in one of the local store. Basically, the difference is at the shaft. One says "CLASSIC 10 PRO" while the other says "C10 Pro".

Any difference?

Thanks.

python
01-13-2005, 06:15 AM
No. It's just a slight cosmetic difference.

Ed Lee
01-13-2005, 11:31 AM
I have four of these racquets. Of the four, there are three different graphics. In my opinion the older model(s) that have "fishbones" or "crisscrosses" in the hoop area are slightly more flexible than the model with the latest graphics (C10 Pro in large red print on the side in the throat area). However there is a bit more "pop" with the latest version. I myself prefer the older version. I hope this helps.

By the way, if you are interested in obtaining a newer model, I have one for sale (4 5/8").

Good Luck!

Ed

Tenny
01-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi, Ed Lee

I wonder how C10 plays. Since Volkl isn't the biggest company, you must have been serious to pick up C10s. Recently I got interested in Volkl's sticks (V1 and C10). I play with prostaff6.0 95, POG OS and PC600. Thanks.

Tenny

jayserinos99
01-13-2005, 04:24 PM
I played with the C10 Pro Tour which was the 93" of the C10 Pro. I liked the comfort and overall heft of it but just couldn't deal with the upper hoop; I guess that's why I prefer the T10 instead.

sandro
01-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Tenny, my 2 cents:
compared to the 6.0 95 is more solid and with a more flexible feeling; very similar performances in my hands
compared to the PC600 it has a larger sweetspot, it's more spin-friendly and it swings lighter; a bit less solid

Ed Lee
01-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Hello Tenny,

I can't provide you with comparison to the racquets you cited since I have never hit with them. However, my basis for choosing the C10 was comfort on my elbow and shoulder as well as touch and control on my shots. I toyed with the idea of getting the Tour 10 MP, but I thought a more head-light racquet would suit me better for customization. I used to use the Wilson PS 85, but it was way too stiff for me, resulting in pain in my shoulder and elbow, and I had to stop playing for a few months. When I resumed play, I switched to the PK 5G (199 version), good on the elbow and shoulder, good shot control, but did not provide enough power, especially on the serve. The C10 was the best answer to address these areas for me.

Ed