PDA

View Full Version : Prince Precision Graphite 640 MP 95 (with crossbar) ?

kalic
05-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Does anybody remember this racquet ? Flex rating, weight, sweetspot size, spin etc.... ? I 've got chance to buy one for cheep price. Thanks for answers and opinions.
PS: There is a picture on this forum, in "sale & trade"

jayserinos99
05-13-2008, 03:55 AM
I don't remember the exact specs off hand but it was fairly headlight, around 12+ oz. strung, 65 stiffness?, 16x20 pattern. The ones that I had were strung tight, looking back I would have strung them a tad lower, say low 50s to open the sweetspot up.

hawaiirgv
05-13-2008, 04:59 PM
this was the purple frame with green highlights right?

vsbabolat
05-13-2008, 05:06 PM
The specs are:
Avg. Weight UNSTRUNG 11.8oz./335grams
Avg. Balance UNSTRUNG 31.0cm
Flex 67RA
20mm straight beam
16x20 string pattern

hrstrat57
05-13-2008, 05:17 PM
I don't remember the exact specs off hand but it was fairly headlight, around 12+ oz. strung, 65 stiffness?, 16x20 pattern. The ones that I had were strung tight, looking back I would have strung them a tad lower, say low 50s to open the sweetspot up.

Great frame, and I think drop dead gorgeous too.

I had four in my bag for about a year or so in the 90's....very precise but I found very low powered.

Beautiful S/V racquet, easy to create slice and kick on serve, solid on volleys...fairly solid from the baseline, topspin came quick and easy and slice backhand was crisp...no problems. Again tho, very low power in my experience you have to create a lot of racquet speed to hit passing shots.

I played POG mid for a long time previous to these, POG served better but a bit more demanding than the 640 off the ground. With both POG and 640 I broke a lot of strings. I mainly strung with BDE rally natural gut 16 at the time....tho the frame played nicely with a variety of strings.

In other words unless you just want to hit around a bit with something different you can't go to battle with just one of those frames....you will likely be left with broken strings in the middle of the first set if you hit with pace and spin.

If you find that you like it you'll be hunting around for more. Unfortunately, I can't help you...I gave the frames away to one of the players on my kids HS tennis team who's dad wouldn't buy anything but a walmart racquet.

hrstrat57
05-13-2008, 05:23 PM
btw, just checked my records....I strung those at 57 lbs....in retrospect an experiment with lower tensions might have made sense instead I switched to the Head Radical TT midplus from that frame for more pop, and later the ti radical mp....then the current l5 austrian i radical/ i prestige mp combo.

I am experimenting right now with 2 Prince Equipe mp....play very much like the 640 but a lot more pop....

A switch is possible:)

There is always something better......

Good luck

kalic
05-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks to everyone. I think that flex was below 67RA, because of thin beam... I am claycourt baseliner, but maybe I pick one just for my collection...

kalic
05-13-2008, 11:07 PM
this was the purple frame with green highlights right?

yes.........

jayserinos99
05-14-2008, 02:34 AM
iirc, it was the medvedev frame?

kalic
05-14-2008, 11:46 PM
btw, just checked my records....I strung those at 57 lbs....in retrospect an experiment with lower tensions might have made sense instead I switched to the Head Radical TT midplus from that frame for more pop, and later the ti radical mp....then the current l5 austrian i radical/ i prestige mp combo.

I am experimenting right now with 2 Prince Equipe mp....play very much like the 640 but a lot more pop....

A switch is possible:)

There is always something better......

Good luck

What strings did you use ? I must put some soft poly in the mains, because I am spinny baseliner, and syntetic moves a lot. Can I lose that "old Prince" feel with poly ?