PDA

View Full Version : Query about Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex Tennis Racket.

Gooner89
05-13-2008, 06:01 AM
I have had 2 of these rackets for about 6 months and they suit my game down to the ground. However has anyone had any issues with the build quality of the racket at all? It is a legit racket but it chips easily, even the little yellow v band across the handle is on the verge of falling off as well the racket strings digging into the frame. I know I string it tightly but that shouldnt be an issue surely?

roddick89
05-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Maybe youve got a fake, the strings digging into the frame sounds bad, my friend has a pure drive cortex and the v thing started coming off little, but babolat usually have great build quality because they dont mass produce like wilson.

PimpMyGame
05-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Maybe youve got a fake, the strings digging into the frame sounds bad, my friend has a pure drive cortex and the v thing started coming off little, but babolat usually have great build quality because they dont mass produce like wilson.

I don't understand.

If they don't mass-produce like Wilson, how do they mass produce??

Serpententacle
05-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I have had 2 of these rackets for about 6 months and they suit my game down to the ground. However has anyone had any issues with the build quality of the racket at all? It is a legit racket but it chips easily, even the little yellow v band across the handle is on the verge of falling off as well the racket strings digging into the frame. I know I string it tightly but that shouldnt be an issue surely?

Have you been dropping your racquet often?

NotAtTheNet
05-13-2008, 08:48 AM
That would be a huge cause of concern for me. The 2 apd's I have are older models even without cortex and the paint on them is great. I've even nicked them on the ground a few times going for a low ball and the paint doesn't chip off, just a scuff here and there. Where did you pick up your frames from? TW? the bay?

Gooner89
05-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Have you been dropping your racquet often?

No, dropped one of em a couple of times maybe but thats about it.
Rackets are genuine. One does seem worse then the other.

One of the guys at out club deals with Babolat and was suprised by what he saw.

Gooner89
05-13-2008, 08:52 AM
That would be a huge cause of concern for me. The 2 apd's I have are older models even without cortex and the paint on them is great. I've even nicked them on the ground a few times going for a low ball and the paint doesn't chip off, just a scuff here and there. Where did you pick up your frames from? TW? the bay?

Got em from ********** who are reputable.

roddick89
05-13-2008, 09:06 AM
I don't understand.

If they don't mass-produce like Wilson, how do they mass produce??

Yeh babolat do mass produce , but not like wilson because wilson sell their racquets in pretty much any sports store, even their players racquets, whereas babolat only sell in certain stores, therefore wilson make more racquets so build quality is probably less, i'm just assuming.

NotAtTheNet
05-13-2008, 09:09 AM
The only thing I can possibly think of is if they were maybe left out in the sun and the paint got over baked or something... i dunno,but so long as the frame is fine, paints just aesthetics anyways. Just increase your racquet head speed to the point where everyone else just sees is a blur.

Serpententacle
05-13-2008, 10:36 AM
The only thing I can possibly think of is if they were maybe left out in the sun and the paint got over baked or something... i dunno,but so long as the frame is fine, paints just aesthetics anyways. Just increase your racquet head speed to the point where everyone else just sees is a blur.

That sounds like a good explanation for why.

Topspin Kid364
05-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Wait, where did u buy ur rackets? And yea, my cortex seems like it's going to fall off a bit because i have big forehand and backhand hits and i've played a lot with it,but it stills works perfectly fine for me...I don't know about the strings cutting into the frame though. Wat kind of strings do u use?

[K]Topspin
05-13-2008, 05:53 PM
That sounds bretty bad ... Maybe you should just get some new ones just in case later on they break in suddenly. . .

PimpMyGame
05-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Yeh babolat do mass produce , but not like wilson because wilson sell their racquets in pretty much any sports store, even their players racquets, whereas babolat only sell in certain stores, therefore wilson make more racquets so build quality is probably less, i'm just assuming.

Lack of quality is not down to mass production, it's down to inadequate quality control. I've owned Wilsons and Babolats and have found quality to be ok. Other more worldly users of rackets have stated on this board time and again that Wilsons and Babs (amongst others) are inferior in quality to the likes of Fischer and Yonex.

When manufacturing moves to a cheaper part of the world the distance between manufacture and management tends to result in loss of control. Quality control is one such loss and one that is picked up by forum members, who have stated a gradual decline over the last decade. It's also the most prevalent loss that we see and other control losses such as cost and management may manifest themselves in the quality of the finished item. I'm not assuming by the way.

Gooner89
05-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Wait, where did u buy ur rackets? And yea, my cortex seems like it's going to fall off a bit because i have big forehand and backhand hits and i've played a lot with it,but it stills works perfectly fine for me...I don't know about the strings cutting into the frame though. Wat kind of strings do u use?

Prince synthetic strings Have to say the I do put a lot of top spin on the ball
Im getting through strings like theres no tomorrow.

Gooner89
05-14-2008, 02:29 AM
Lack of quality is not down to mass production, it's down to inadequate quality control. I've owned Wilsons and Babolats and have found quality to be ok. Other more worldly users of rackets have stated on this board time and again that Wilsons and Babs (amongst others) are inferior in quality to the likes of Fischer and Yonex.

When manufacturing moves to a cheaper part of the world the distance between manufacture and management tends to result in loss of control. Quality control is one such loss and one that is picked up by forum members, who have stated a gradual decline over the last decade. It's also the most prevalent loss that we see and other control losses such as cost and management may manifest themselves in the quality of the finished item. I'm not assuming by the way.

Thats an interesting point. The Babolat guy at my club has mentioned about quality in the chinese factory.