PDA

View Full Version : Tim Henman(Retired *I think so~*) Henman's last racquet??

265lbSampras
05-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi ya folks!!! I've gained a sudden interest in purchasing a racquet used by Tim Henman!:)

The sources tell me that Tim Henman used a racquet known as *Slazenger NX One* Racquet...
I can be wrong, but... If I am please!!! correct me!!!

Thank you so much!!!

HoVa
05-13-2008, 09:15 PM
He used a racquet called the "British Choke"

during close points, the racquet would fold in half.

naw jk. i dunno what he used.

nickb
05-14-2008, 01:37 AM
The NX-One was a paintjob....Henman used a custom Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 Classic extended to 27.5in and with no PWS.

Nick

Racketdesign
05-14-2008, 04:56 AM
The NX-One was a paintjob....Henman used a custom Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 Classic extended to 27.5in and with no PWS.

Nick

No he didnt

Duzza
05-14-2008, 04:58 AM
No he didnt

What did he use then?

goakka
05-14-2008, 05:03 AM
I always thought that he used the Tim Henman pro braided. paint job to match current model The latest in that line is the Slazenger type NX one

nickb
05-14-2008, 05:05 AM
No he didnt

Yes he did.

Richie Rich
05-14-2008, 05:09 AM

Nick

yes, his racquet was probably custom based on the mold and string pattern of the PSC 6.1.

goakka
05-14-2008, 05:15 AM
yes the original pro braided made for him (the black and white one)

Racketdesign
05-14-2008, 05:15 AM
yes, his racquet was probably custom based on the mold and string pattern of the PSC 6.1.

It wasnt really based on anything. Obviously we knew what he had used previously, but his Slazenger frame was not "based" on anything. It was unique in every way from any Wilson racquet, Frame sillouette, cross section, String pattern, and material construction.

nickb
05-14-2008, 05:46 AM
It wasnt really based on anything. Obviously we knew what he had used previously, but his Slazenger frame was not "based" on anything. It was unique in every way from any Wilson racquet, Frame sillouette, cross section, String pattern, and material construction.

Like greg R henman has ALWAYS used a PS Classic 6.1....let me guess...he used a Vantage right? :roll:

Gimmick
05-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Sorry NickB, but racketdesign didn't always work for Vantage, and we trust his word manifold more than yours on this topic. Please exit gracefully.

origmarm
05-14-2008, 06:04 AM
I played with his brother a few times about 12yrs ago and he said to me at the time that Henman had a custom made racquet. It was definitely not a PJ of the Wilson 6.1 but I guess it could have been based on the design. Given Paul's background I'm predisposed to believing it was probably a full custom job however

nickb
05-14-2008, 07:03 AM
You can all think what you want!

I KNOW its a wilson 6.1 classic mold without PWS...I also know its extended length (27.5). Jura has posted this information before as have many other respected people on this board...its well known info.

265lbSampras
05-14-2008, 08:49 AM
go to google...
search "slazenger tennis", go to main website of Slazenger sports and look up the model known as Slazenger NX One Tennis racquet. Read the review on the racquet it clearly reads that "Tim Henman" uses the racquet... Obviously Tim Henman is still playing exebition tennis part time, I think since Tim Henman been using a not so popular tennis racquet line, mabe great britain gave him a lifetime contract for him to use a customized racquet known as NX One.

nickb
05-14-2008, 09:08 AM
^ do a forum search of the term "paintjob"...:shock:

martin
05-14-2008, 09:19 AM
go to google...
search "slazenger tennis", go to main website of Slazenger sports and look up the model known as Slazenger NX One Tennis racquet. Read the review on the racquet it clearly reads that "Tim Henman" uses the racquet... Obviously Tim Henman is still playing exebition tennis part time, I think since Tim Henman been using a not so popular tennis racquet line, mabe great britain gave him a lifetime contract for him to use a customized racquet known as NX One.

What did you expect? Should they say that Henman is using the 6.1 stretch under the nx one paintjob??
Search for Jura and Henman and if you still don't believe it then there's nothing that will convince you.

ohplease
05-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Jura certainly has some insider info, sure.

However, racketdesign was the man responsible for, um, racket design at dunlop/slazenger prior to vantage, and given the timeframes involved, was very, VERY likely to have worked with Henman on his frame. I'm trusting his word on this one.

babolatking
05-14-2008, 10:53 AM
nickb is right this guy is obviously new to pj's, what a scrub

Alexio92
05-14-2008, 10:57 AM
I dont know the specs, ive hit with his one though. All I know is its really stiff, heavy and 27.5 inch and really powerful. I compared it to a ps 6.1 classic and it is not really anything like it.

tennis_guy
05-14-2008, 11:37 AM
nickb is right this guy is obviously new to pj's, what a scrub

lmao hahaha

I heard it was based on the 6.1 classic, but im surprised it was 27.5 because you think that'd take away from his volleys and his 1HBH.

I doubt he's used any of the paintjob'd rackets though.. black and white probraided, gold striped pro braided, Pro x-1, pro braided again, Nx one. Apparently the NX1 is very similar to the dunlop m-fil 200 16*19.