PDA

View Full Version : Compare the Fischer M pro #1 SL and Pro #1 Red and Black

Deck
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
How do these compare. I have demoed the M Pro No. 1 98 SL and like it, very soft feel, decent power and can hit very accurate ground strokes. There are many used Pro #1's available at decent prices. I was thinking of picking up a Pro #1 red and black version if it plays like the new M Pro No.1 98 SL.

0d1n
05-15-2008, 12:49 AM
How do these compare. I have demoed the M Pro No. 1 98 SL and like it, very soft feel, decent power and can hit very accurate ground strokes. There are many used Pro #1's available at decent prices. I was thinking of picking up a Pro #1 red and black version if it plays like the new M Pro No.1 98 SL.

It does play "like the new" one. It only has a different butt cap, and MAYBE a slightly different handle shape. The frame is the same...with some yellow paint on it.
With regards to the difference when compared with the Red and Black version... to me that version had a slightly stiffer feel, and a slightly smaller sweet spot. Maybe a tad more power as well.
You can feel the MSpeed bending on hard hit shots... the red and black doesn't make that feeling so "obvious".

Peter Szucs
05-15-2008, 03:05 AM
I am confused... are we comparing the Mspeed old to the new (no tol) pj versions or the Mspeed to the Pro no 1 FT?

nickb
05-15-2008, 03:17 AM
Deck:

Sorry I got your email but have been pushed for time this week so will answer the question here.

Like 0d1n says the Red/Black is a bit stiffer and has a smaller (but sweeter :)) sweetspot. Both have similar power levels...the Red/Black has a tad more pop but not a big difference. Feel wise the red/black has more of a "raw" feel IMO..the ball feel is just amazing. SW is similar...both swing very easy. For me nothing compares to the Red/Black....if I couldnt find any more I could use the M Speed but I just prefer the slightly stiffer and raw response of the red/black.

Hope that helps!

Nick

Deck
05-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Deck:

Sorry I got your email but have been pushed for time this week so will answer the question here.

Like 0d1n says the Red/Black is a bit stiffer and has a smaller (but sweeter :)) sweetspot. Both have similar power levels...the Red/Black has a tad more pop but not a big difference. Feel wise the red/black has more of a "raw" feel IMO..the ball feel is just amazing. SW is similar...both swing very easy. For me nothing compares to the Red/Black....if I couldnt find any more I could use the M Speed but I just prefer the slightly stiffer and raw response of the red/black.

Hope that helps!

Nick

Thanks for the response. I quess it makes sense to pick up a Pro #1 and give it some time on the court. I'll update you on how that goes in a week or so. I have a tender elbow that I am resting for a week, then I will start smacking the ball again.

vsdtrek
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi Deck -

I'm going to echo Nick's comments. I have five of these puppies and love them. I haven't had a frame for this long (8 months now) in several years. I play mostly doubles now but I think this frame is probably even better in singles. So far, I've tried KGut, Cyberflash and Big Banger in my frames and all have been great. The tension I seem to like is around 56 - 57#.