PDA

View Full Version : Comment for TW.

drakulie
05-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Just want to let you guys know, I'm extremely dissapointed in the manner which my order has been handled.

I placed an order on 4/22/08.

On 5/7/08 (16 days later), I sent an email to inform TW I had yet to receive the items.

The next day (5/8/08 ), I receive an email stating my order could take up to 14 days. (Apparently, whoemever sent the email doesn't know how to count.)

On 5/12/08 (21 days later), I wrote back stating that it had now been 21 days, and still no package.

On 5/13/08, I receive an email stating that TW is going to "assume" (cough), that the package has been lost, and asking me if I would like a "FULL" refund to the credit card I have on file, or another order?

On 5/14/08, I stated to just go ahead and refund my credit card so that I could just purchase the items locally.

Then today, I get a partial refund and a store credit. :roll:

What would be the point of me receiving a store credit, if I would have to use that credit to order from TW again, and possibly have to go thru this process yet again?????? This is unacceptable practice on your part, and I should have either been given a full credit, or at minimum, had the opportuntiy to receive a new package, with express shipping, and not have to pay for the shipping charges.

As it stands, I now have to wait once again, for the order to be processed, and pray I receive the package, if it ever does get here.

Lastly, my invoice states that part of my order was sent directly from the manufacturer. However, the customer service employee I spoke to today, told me that all my items were sent directly from your warehouse.

Does this whole process make sense to any of you????

Sincerely,
Very angry Drakulie.

samster
05-14-2008, 03:53 PM
I am very confused. What is going on?

Anyway, Drak, I hope the senior advisors like Spencer, et al, at TW will be able to sort it out for you.

drakulie
05-14-2008, 04:02 PM
^^I don't know what is going on over there, but I'm not a happy camper in the manner which the communication has been handled on the part of TW.

Quite frankly, I could have purchased these iems locally for a cheaper price, and **NOT** have had to pay for shipping. :evil:

samster
05-14-2008, 04:10 PM
^^I don't know what is going on over there, but I'm not a happy camper in the manner which the communication has been handled on the part of TW.

Quite frankly, I could have purchased these iems locally for a cheaper price, and **NOT** have had to pay for shipping. :evil:

You know, Drak, some of the junior/newer people just don't have the experience to handle things with the efficiency and class of the senior people there. I am sure they will fix it for you. Sorry to hear that the frustration you had to go through. Speaking of which, I have a TW order from 5/4/08 that I am waiting for a while now... ;)

TW Staff
05-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Drakulie,
I apologize for the delay and miscommunication. I took a look at your order to see what happened. It seems like you were given both a store credit and refund because on your original order, you used a Tennis Warehouse Gift Certificate to pay for a portion of the order. You were refunded only for the part you actually paid with your credit card.

We typically do not refund money back onto someones credit card for used gift certificates. That would defeat the idea of having gift certificates.

But we will make an exception and I have had the store credit refunded to your credit card. I hope this helps. It will take a couple of days for the refund to be seem on your statement. Once again, I apologize.

Jason, TW

ericsson
05-14-2008, 11:32 PM
And everybody is happy again :-)

AlpineCadet
05-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Drakulie,
I apologize for the delay and miscommunication. I took a look at your order to see what happened. It seems like you were given both a store credit and refund because on your original order, you used a Tennis Warehouse Gift Certificate to pay for a portion of the order. You were refunded only for the part you actually paid with your credit card.

We typically do not refund money back onto someones credit card for used gift certificates. That would defeat the idea of having gift certificates.

But we will make an exception and I have had the store credit refunded to your credit card. I hope this helps. It will take a couple of days for the refund to be seem on your statement. Once again, I apologize.

Jason, TW

Are you guys having a hectic time with returns? I sent in my return (~$120) over a week ago (May 2,) and I haven't received an email of confirmation yet.

Spatula
05-15-2008, 08:45 AM
From my experience a couple weeks ago, I was told they had a massive backup in returns. From the point they recieved my return it was nearly 4 weeks until I saw the return get to me.

It was frustrating but there's not much we can do. Obviously TW was/is working hard to clear the backup. Call the CS folks for an update and just be patient.

drakulie
05-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Drakulie,

Jason, TW

Jason, I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks!

VikingSamurai
05-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I returned a pair of shoes for my wife via 3 day EMS. I am also yet to receive confirmation regarding if the item has been received. Although I know it got there through tracking info. I also understand we have just come out of a weekend. But now that I see that there is a problem with backed up returns, when can I expect #1 a confirmation notice, and #2 my returned item?

TW Staff
05-19-2008, 10:53 AM
It looks like we're 2-3 days out concerning returns. Defective item returns can take a little longer as the process is a little more involved. Unfortunately I can't give you an exact date, but it should be handled shortly.

Spencer, TW.

AlpineCadet
05-19-2008, 11:48 AM
It looks like we're 2-3 days out concerning returns. Defective item returns can take a little longer as the process is a little more involved. Unfortunately I can't give you an exact date, but it should be handled shortly.

Spencer, TW.
Hey Spencer,

What about returns from the beginning week of May? I still haven't received an email of confirmation yet since I've dropped off the package a few weeks ago, and I'm beginning to worry that it might be lost.

drakulie
05-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Drakulie,

Jason, TW

Jason, quick update. Today, I was credited $27.41 (which is the incorrect amount), and then later in the day, I was billed $27.41. :roll:

Could you please check into this. This issue is beyond ridiculous already.

AlpineCadet
05-21-2008, 01:05 PM
I just called TW and they said that since I didn't write down the tracking # off the return sticker (that was provided with my original package) then I have no way of knowing whether or not TW actually received the return item. That makes sense, but I didn't realize that there was a tracking number on the return label nor that I had to keep a record of it. So far, it's almost been a month, and I still haven't received an email of confirmation for my return ~$120USD.

TW is generally very quick with their return updates/confirmations, so that's why I've been pretty worried about things. :(

Voltron
05-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Are you guys having a hectic time with returns? I sent in my return (~$120) over a week ago (May 2,) and I haven't received an email of confirmation yet.

Yeah, I'm getting a little worried about mine too (also ~$120 actually), how long does it take for an exchange take to get processed? (It's only been about a week including shipping, but I'll admit I'm paranoid as hell ;))

AlpineCadet
05-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I'm getting a little worried about mine too (also ~$120 actually), how long does it take for an exchange take to get processed? (It's only been about a week including shipping, but I'll admit I'm paranoid as hell ;))
Add two long weeks and you'll be in my shoes!

drakulie
05-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Meanwhile, as I patiently wait (one month later),

I still have no idea what is going on.

TW Staff
05-21-2008, 01:54 PM
I would suggest calling in to customer service if it's been that long.

1 800 8 TENNIS

Spencer, TW.

TW Staff
05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Meanwhile, as I patiently wait (one month later),

I still have no idea what is going on.

Jason's working on it as we speak.

Spencer, TW.

AlpineCadet
05-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I would suggest calling in to customer service if it's been that long.

1 800 8 TENNIS

Spencer, TW.
Thank you, but I did call in. What I was told was to wait another one-two weeks before calling in again, since I don't have the tracking number for my return.

drakulie
05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
^^^ I was told the same thing when calling customer service.

Additionally, the girl I spoke to was kind of clueless.

That said, I do appreciate my boys, Spencer and Jason working on it.

This is probably Chris' fault. Just kidding. :)

AlpineCadet
05-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Lucky you! BTW, was it Mckenzie? She sounds sexy with that raspy voice!

TW Staff
05-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Drakulie,

OK, I think I got your situation figured out. Check your email, I will provide further information on the email, rather than disclosing it on the boards.

Jason, TW

Azzurri
05-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I just called TW and they said that since I didn't write down the tracking # off the return sticker (that was provided with my original package) then I have no way of knowing whether or not TW actually received the return item. That makes sense, but I didn't realize that there was a tracking number on the return label nor that I had to keep a record of it. So far, it's almost been a month, and I still haven't received an email of confirmation for my return ~$120USD.

TW is generally very quick with their return updates/confirmations, so that's why I've been pretty worried about things. :(

AC,
Same thing happened to me a few months back. Here is what I did:

Went back to the UPS store I dropped my return package to TW. I asked the guy to check all packages that went to CA (San Louis Opisbo). I also gave them an approx. time. He checked the system for all outgoing packages (also if you happen to know the approx. weight that helps) for that day and was able to find the package in 5 minutes. You just have to hope for a helpful person. If they tell you they can't find the tracking, they are lazy..ask for a manager. Good luck!:)

AlpineCadet
05-21-2008, 06:15 PM
AC,
Same thing happened to me a few months back. Here is what I did:

Went back to the UPS store I dropped my return package to TW. I asked the guy to check all packages that went to CA (San Louis Opisbo). I also gave them an approx. time. He checked the system for all outgoing packages (also if you happen to know the approx. weight that helps) for that day and was able to find the package in 5 minutes. You just have to hope for a helpful person. If they tell you they can't find the tracking, they are lazy..ask for a manager. Good luck!:)
You just saved me 120!! Nice!

At the moment, Slappano > TW.

obnoxious2
05-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Drakulie,

Jason, TW

Now THAT is the way things should be handled by a business. Gives me more reason why I should order from TW not only because of good prices but I won't get shafted UNLIKE Active Autowerke

VikingSamurai
05-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Well for me. TW does have decent prices compared to here in Japan for "some" things. But when I sent my wife's shoes back, I emailed at least twice to state that I wanted to order another pair of shoes to send back with her exchanged pair.

I wanted to have them, and the return postage charged to a different card, and after having no word on confirmation regarding the emails sent. Was then emailed telling me "after the fact" that my package was half way around the world coming back to me, and that they had charged a card that I didn't want charged..

Not only was I not able to get an extra pair of shoes that I wanted sent with that package. But they totally ignored my emails and sent the package without notifying a) they had recieved it. and b) that they had charged me and sent it back.

By the time I was notified, my package was sitting in Osaka... And I was wondering why every reply I get from them is from a different person, and why their replies are so vage and totally off subject... As a customer I get the feeling that although they wan't your service. They will give it under their terms, and so you just have to deal with their process..

As the store for the ATP. And the fact that other stores State Side have a better range and selection. It is interesting to me how TW got the gig? Sorry guys, and I know I am a difficult customer. But really... I can't even have the same person return more than one email to me, even after I ATTN them in the subject heading.. So how is someone supposed to know what is going on?

OrangeOne
05-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Drakulie,

OK, I think I got your situation figured out. Check your email, I will provide further information on the email, rather than disclosing it on the boards.

Jason, TW

^^ Somewhat surprising. I mean, I expect (hope) it's because it's something like "here Drak, we're giving you XYZ to make up for the horrid situation", and that you don't want that quoted for precedent.

BUT: It's odd that things have been explained in the bad throughout this thread, and now we never know what TW ultimately did to make 'good' the situation (which i expect you probably did).

Anyways, the one order i've put in was handled in an exemplary fashion, so I'm not about to complain :)

VikingSamurai
05-22-2008, 05:20 AM
^^ Somewhat surprising. I mean, I expect (hope) it's because it's something like "here Drak, we're giving you XYZ to make up for the horrid situation", and that you don't want that quoted for precedent.

BUT: It's odd that things have been explained in the bad throughout this thread, and now we never know what TW ultimately did to make 'good' the situation (which i expect you probably did).

Anyways, the one order i've put in was handled in an exemplary fashion, so I'm not about to complain :)

Orange my first order went like a charm.. It's when things "happen", that the communication breaks down in my experience.

Sometimes, they are happy to do things, sometimes they are not. It just seems to be whoever you get at the time that is dealing with your order.

A reason I am kinda grumpy about their whole system for international customers.. And don't get me started with the postage prices..

AlpineCadet
05-22-2008, 05:51 PM

I just got my email confirmation today. 20 days, not so bad!

zapvor
05-28-2008, 09:41 AM
sorry to hear the story drak. what happened with you guys down there in teh Fl chapter anyways?

drakulie
05-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Just want to thank everyone for chiming in. As promised, jason took care of it.

Thanks JASON!!!

drakulie
05-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Zap, the chapter hasn't met in quite a while. We will be working on a mett in the next few weeks.

tom_asdelonge182
06-01-2008, 07:03 AM
gez...do you guys regularly send your items back?? I was just about to buy some nike shoes from tw too...

btw im from oz so the shipping will kill

OrangeOne
06-01-2008, 02:57 PM
^^ Shipping doesn't kill compared to retail in Aus, BUT TW can't ship Nike overseas.

MTXR
06-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I have had one incident in the past where my order took like 3 weeks for some string.

Must have been a small OMS glitch in how they have things set up. Haven't happen since then, but you never know, I could get nailed again and be that 1 in 1 million order that gets screwed up.