PDA

View Full Version : String for players with arm problem

simonlaw
03-24-2004, 10:07 PM
I am suffering from golfer's elbow and is looking for a suitable string in reel form. I am using a POG OS and want something that play 'soft'.

Any suggestions?

Also, do nlyon string easy on arm?

Bungalo Bill
03-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Wilson Sensation is good soft string to use. You can also visit Blue Stars website. The orginal blue star string that was popular in the late 70's is also good for players with tennis elbow. You want to find a soft string.

Camilio Pascual
03-25-2004, 09:10 AM
My suggestion is to forget about getting string on a reel if you have golfer's elbow and get natural gut. It could save you a lot of time, pain, and money.

jayserinos99
03-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Camilio beat me to it. Gut is the way to go.

Cruzer
03-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Gut is the way to go if money is no object. If it is an object the Blue Star strings BB mentioned are a good choice and Babolat Xcel is also a soft, comfortable string but the price of Excel and Bow Brand gut is within a couple of dollars that you should go for the gut.

Phil
03-25-2004, 07:27 PM
Agree w/Camilio and Jayserino - spend a little more $$ and go for the gut-after all, your arm is worth it. Also, gut tends to last longer than synthetic.

lenosucks
03-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Gotta agree with everybody else: gut is the absolute best solution to tennis elbow. I had really bad wrist and elbow problems when I used to play with the Luxilon string, after I switched to gut i had absolutely no problems with my wrist or elbow.