PDA

View Full Version : Wilson KTour vs. nTour Two

magogami
05-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Has anyone hit with both rackets? Are they basically the same, with the ktour simply having a new paintjob, or is one better? Specs of the ktour: swingweight-331, stiffness-64, 1.5 pts head heavy, low power. Specs of NTT: sw-320, stiffness-62, 1 pt head light, and low-medium power. Do these changes actually make any differences?

EDIT: Also, I don't know if its just me, but the KTour doesn't seem to be as popular as I had expected it would be. The NTT had such great reviews and was very popular, but the KTour doesn't get much spotlight on these forums and it seems to be ignored. Anyone agree?

tennisntn3477
05-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I've hit with both and they are very similar - but I definitely think the KTour is a more solid feeling racquet. It is definitely one of those racquets I didn't expect to like (n or K version) but great directional control, lively stringbed, serves great and definitely seems to pocket the ball so great (maybe the power holes?). It does seem to be a sleeper so far, but it's a great combo for a player who wants a lighter static weight but not too light of a swingweight.

Mick
05-14-2008, 08:23 PM
i haven't played with a ntour two yet but right now, the ktour is my favorite racquet of all the racquets I have used.

magogami
05-15-2008, 06:34 PM
I've hit with both and they are very similar - but I definitely think the KTour is a more solid feeling racquet. It is definitely one of those racquets I didn't expect to like (n or K version) but great directional control, lively stringbed, serves great and definitely seems to pocket the ball so great (maybe the power holes?). It does seem to be a sleeper so far, but it's a great combo for a player who wants a lighter static weight but not too light of a swingweight.

Do you think the change in balance from being slightly head light to being slightly head heavy made a difference?

tennisntn3477
05-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Not sure if it's the balance shift, but it definitely feels more solid than the nTour...handles heavy hitting really well. Impressed me enough that I bought two of them. For a slightly head heavy/extended length racquet, it swings really easy.

magogami
05-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Not sure if it's the balance shift, but it definitely feels more solid than the nTour...handles heavy hitting really well. Impressed me enough that I bought two of them. For a slightly head heavy/extended length racquet, it swings really easy.

Oh cool. I think I should try it out then...

magogami
06-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Any other opinions?