PDA

View Full Version : Microgel extreme pro

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
05-14-2008, 08:24 PM
i was thinking about using this racquet instead of my k 95's because i want more power and i just want a racquet a little lighter. Is this a good idea and how would the change be when i do this?

other choices are the pure storm, head radical pro, and the t flight 320.

Suggestions?

klementine79
05-14-2008, 10:29 PM
If you can hit with a big cut, get under and spin it up top, go for it. It always takes me an hour or so to get comfortable with a racquet. The extreme pro is a canon, string it tight with full poly, I found that set up works best, but no feel or touch.

On the other side, I demoed the k-95, wasnt my cup of tea, I dont know what it was about it, I think it was the distribution of weight, it just didnt swing right for me, then I demoed an extreme and found a smooth, powerful stick, very versatile, and depending on your string and tension, it is capable of touch. I settled on the Microgel Prestige Mid, another great stick, the static weight distribution felt right to me, the head size, swingweight and flex really help me to concentrate on developing good technique, Im an intermediate player, (NTRP ????), but I started out when I was young with heavy, 75-85 sq. in. heads, then picked the gane up a couple of years ago. Good Luck.

El Guapo
05-15-2008, 05:27 AM
i was thinking about using this racquet instead of my k 95's because i want more power and i just want a racquet a little lighter. Is this a good idea and how would the change be when i do this?

Suggestions?
If you like the K95, just get an AK95 or AN95.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
05-15-2008, 05:52 AM
AK=?

AN=?

sorry not familar

goober
05-15-2008, 05:58 AM

If you really want to take down your opponent, try an AK47.

El Guapo
05-15-2008, 06:01 AM
AK=?

AN=?

sorry not familar
Asian K95 or Asian nCode 95. Same as the US except a little lighter. They're what most of the pros use because they're better for customization.

Satch
05-15-2008, 09:49 AM

Suggestions?

if you change that racket you should change your nick also then, think about it :P anyway k95 isn't so heavy IMO, i play with it, why are you changing?

El Guapo
05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
if you change that racket you should change your nick also then, think about it :P anyway k95 isn't so heavy IMO, i play with it, why are you changing?
Um, try reading the first post again.

Satch
05-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Um, try reading the first post again.

hey i read that post, the power problem can be solved with some looser tension, and i am asking why is he changing, is it elbow problems... cause it's really good racket.

BTW also is it 16*18? 'cause that one have more power than 18*20 you should try that racket too...

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
05-15-2008, 02:51 PM
yes, it is 16/18. i just feel like my racquet and i dont click anymore

Hatari!
05-15-2008, 02:56 PM
The Microgel Extreme Pro, because of its head shape (circular) generates extreme topspin. At the tennis club I play at, everyone with a western grip has at least tried the racquet However, it is a sucky racquet for volleys, becuase it has such a big dead zone.

Satch
05-15-2008, 03:54 PM
yes, it is 16/18. i just feel like my racquet and i dont click anymore

try different strings and tension, that can help alot, if you liked racket before then it's something else that you don't like about it not the racket itself.

soggyramen
05-15-2008, 04:12 PM
it's a good racquet that does everything well. i bought one for fun and it generates spin very easily so it's not hard to control at all. i even went as far as to string it @ 52 lbs with prince pro poly blend and i have no problems controling it.

clarky
05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
I recently purchased the Head Microgel Extreme Pro and I love the racquet, I had it strung with Lux Big Banger at 57lbs. I had no problems at all controlling it, I have used many racquets over the years and I love this stick. Prior to this I had used a LM Prestige, and prior to that the LM Radical Tour and prior to that the Original babolat Pure Drive, in my opinion I like the Microgel Extreme Pro the most of all of them, it has great spin potential, I had no issues with control, and its a nice racquet to play with, I found it quite comfortable, and I have no arm problems from it. I used to have terrible problems with my shoulder with the Pure Drive.

if you are after a nice all round stick, I reckon you cant go past the Microgel Extreme Pro

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
05-15-2008, 06:18 PM
i have a question on holding it. when i use a pure drive or a pure drive roddick, i have to use a milder western grip since it has so much pop. on the extreme pro, can i still keep my grip at semi western?

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
05-15-2008, 06:19 PM
also, are volleys really bad on the racquet because i am an all courter and i like to go up to volley and i play lots of doubles so i need to.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
05-16-2008, 05:33 AM
bump.............

fsannuto
05-18-2008, 07:29 PM

Where can I buy an Asian K95?
Thank You

fortunecookiesjc
05-18-2008, 07:35 PM
should just train your arm more

El Guapo
05-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Where can I buy an Asian K95?
Thank You
Email me by clicking through my username.