PDA

View Full Version : Aeropro Drive W/O cortex VS. Pure Storm Team

CaveMan
05-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Okay, i'm going to be picking one of these up soon, leaning towards the storm. I currently own two Babolats with non-cortex(PD+, PDOS) and I also have the nPro, the K95, and the LM8 (crap). I tend to be a baseliner with a good ability to move towards net.

With the APD CORTEX I cannot hit it to save my life. I lack control, way to much power, and I lack consistency with it. Is the NON CORTEX version any different?

The Pure Storm looks very appealing, 98 sq. in. head is something I like, but i've never hit one of these racquets.

What does TW think? I think PS, but tell me...

Banks
05-14-2008, 08:46 PM
they are pretty much the same stick. APD and PD are pretty similar though so i wonder why your having a hard time with the APD. the pure storm is a good stick to from what ive heard. ive never use done myself so i cant relaly say much about it.

herosol
05-14-2008, 08:56 PM
APD Cortex is exactly like APD

Unless Bright colors hamper your strokes....

dgoran
05-15-2008, 05:05 AM
APD Cortex vs APD is the same stick.
Storm is lighter and very different stick imho. With storm I needed lead at 3 and 9 to make it stable but after lead it was pretty sweet serving stick.

Pure Storm Tour was better that Pure storm for me.

Serpententacle
05-15-2008, 06:07 AM
APD Cortex is exactly like APD

Unless Bright colors hamper your strokes....

I disagree with this statement. I own both. The cortex version isn't as stable in my opinion.