PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to question why a thread got deleted?

Mr. Blond
05-15-2008, 02:13 AM
I don't wanna stir any mess, but merely avoid having it happen again.

The thread in question is the Soulja Girl on the MARTA train vid....I am thinking someone made an innappropriate comment, I just want to verify it was not anything I did.

thanks mods.

Sentinel
05-15-2008, 02:30 AM
I too wish there was some way of knowing why a thread was deleted, so we or others don't repeat the problem - a comment in a sticky thread perhaps.

Often it is not due to objectionable remarks, or hijacking, so one is left wondering.

edberg505
05-15-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't wanna stir any mess, but merely avoid having it happen again.

The thread in question is the Soulja Girl on the MARTA train vid....I am thinking someone made an innappropriate comment, I just want to verify it was not anything I did.

thanks mods.

Oh this thread is so getting deleted. LOL

Babb
05-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I think you're supposed to contact the mods or something if you have questions concerning board censoring.

stormholloway
05-15-2008, 02:33 PM
People were getting into describing scenes they had seen on their trains. I took part in it. It was graphic.

richw76
05-15-2008, 03:32 PM
People were getting into describing scenes they had seen on their trains. I took part in it. It was graphic.

sounds pretty good, sorry I missed it.

Kaptain Karl
05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
I think you're supposed to contact the mods or something if you have questions concerning board censoring.Yes. E-mail a Mod or an Admin ... use *this* sub-forum (I moved this thread to it) ... use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every TT page. Posts within threads, which question or challenge or comment on moderation are routinely deleted.

To the OP's thread-in-question: The language rules apply to the links you include in your posts, too. That MARTA maniac OP included language which is a violation of TT policy. And numerous posts which followed were inappropriate. (Language / Trolling / Racist remarks / etc.)

- KK

HappyAndFriendlyAlways
05-15-2008, 10:55 PM
you all seem so nice

kairosntx
05-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Content and time is what gets you respect, I would not worry about the old post count.

-SF

A truer statement about the TT message boards was never spoken! Good post SF.

Mr. Blond
05-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Yes. E-mail a Mod or an Admin ... use *this* sub-forum (I moved this thread to it) ... use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every TT page. Posts within threads, which question or challenge or comment on moderation are routinely deleted.

To the OP's thread-in-question: The language rules apply to the links you include in your posts, too. That MARTA maniac OP included language which is a violation of TT policy. And numerous posts which followed were inappropriate. (Language / Trolling / Racist remarks / etc.)

- KK

Thanks KK,

I never considered her language, so I have realized my contribution to why it has gotten removed. As far the racist descriptions and such, I was in bed sleeping so I missed the ugly stuff. Oh well.

I will chalk it up to lessons learned.

richw76
05-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks KK,

I never considered her language, so I have realized my contribution to why it has gotten removed. As far the racist descriptions and such, I was in bed sleeping so I missed the ugly stuff. Oh well.

I will chalk it up to lessons learned.

yeah there are a few people with egos and strong opinions on this board and sometimes things can get out of hand very quickly.

At the end of the day tennis-warehouse.com is a business and this message board is a service they choose to provide in part to facilitate a sense of community around their site.

But they still have the right and responsibility to protect their brand and business by keeping things PG13 on the boards.

In the past I've had some post removed from rants or odds and ends, but I think KK is fair. I've actually had him PM me before and say "say what you want but clean it up some" not in those exact words but you get the idea.