PDA

View Full Version : Is there a difference between the Volkl DNX 10 Mid and Becker 11 Mid?

kuyaariel
05-15-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm looking for a racquet to replace my estusa power beam, and these 2 seem to fit the bill. Looking at the specs, they seem very similiar. Well, except the $90 difference! I tend to buy racquets in 2's, so saving $180 would be great. Does anyone have experience with both of these? Thanks

louis netman
05-15-2008, 09:43 AM
According to a previous post by NBMJ, Volkl has DNX material on the inside of the hoop, whereas, Becker has the stuff on the outside...

Rabbit
05-15-2008, 10:03 AM
You should demo both. But, for one BB11, you can get 2 DNX 10s....

NoBadMojo
05-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm looking for a racquet to replace my estusa power beam, and these 2 seem to fit the bill. Looking at the specs, they seem very similiar. Well, except the $90 difference! I tend to buy racquets in 2's, so saving $180 would be great. Does anyone have experience with both of these? Thanks

i have lots of experiences w. both. there is a thread i started about the 11Mid that may be on the 2nd page now which starts off with a comparison should you care to look..they're from the same family obviously <which you can tell by the specs> but the 11Mid is brand new tooling and the swingability and playability differs a lot to those who notice things. people should always demo given the chance. personally, i always feel the better choice is better playability rather than better prices.

but to summarize, the 11Mid has more juice and is easier to swing fast and i sense no loss of control..i view it as a def improvement over the dnx10

TourTenor
05-15-2008, 12:10 PM
but to summarize, the 11Mid has more juice and is easier to swing fast and i sense no loss of control..i view it as a def improvement over the dnx10
I have both models and have used both extensively. I also concur with Mojo's comments.

The key is that the BB11 mid is slightly easier to swing especially over 2-3 hours, which makes a big difference to me. I also notice a minor difference in the placement of the DNX material ... the Volkl has a slight "collar-feel" in the head and the BB does not. The BB seems slightly more maneuverable at net.

Both racquets require that you generate some good racquet head speed. As a result, both racquets provide good pop and both are good control sticks. All in all, they are two of the best racquets I have tried but the BB seems slightly more refined. Also, the BB11 mid plays much closer to the VolklDNX10 mid than to the BB11MP. Hope this helps.