PDA

View Full Version : my review: RDS 003, RQS 11, O3 White, APDC+, M Speed

DustinW
05-15-2008, 01:17 PM
So.... I'm currently playing with the Fischer M Speed Pro 1 SL. I'm trying out a few demos, so I thought I'd share my opinion on how they compare to each other.
Yonex RDS 003 2008
Yonex RQS 11
Prince O3 White
Babolat AeroPro Drive Plus Cortex

Racket reviews can be so player-dependent, so I thought I'd divide my review into categories and rank them against each other. Hopefully my notation makes sense.:)

Serve
power: APDC > White = RDS003 > MSpeed > RQS11
control: White > RDS003 = RQS11 = APDC = MSpeed
spin: RDS003 > White = MSpeed > APDC = RQS11
swingweight: APDC = MSpeed > RDS003 > White > RQS11
comfort: White = APDC > RDS003 = MSpeed > RQS11

A few more notes on serving:
As you can see, I felt good control with all rackets, so that was pretty much a tossup with a slight edge going to the O3 White. I found serving with the APDC to be effortless. I've never played with a Babolat before, and it had a nice, solid feel to it. I was disappointed with the RQS11... maybe too light I guess.

I've only served with them so far, so more to follow soon.....

Some background:
I'm a 4.5 lefty with a well-rounded game and equally comfortable at the net and baseline. While I really like my Fischer, I've been interested in transitioning to something lighter with a little more pop to it.

coolblue123
08-06-2008, 03:44 AM
I thought Spin was crazy on the APDC compared to the RDS003. I thought the 003 is more for flat hitters..

Just IMO.

noosense00
08-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Dustin W, assuming you are playing with the M-Speed SL Pro No Tolerance, I would have to say you are right on target with your ratings below.

The M-Speed provides a lot more spin and power than people think. I am curious to see how you rate the M-Speed against the APDC since I have compared the 2 also.