PDA

View Full Version : TT Warrior OS

SpetsnazOp
01-13-2005, 07:46 PM
I just ordered mine! Woo!

I got it with 3 duratack overgrips (maybe not the best, but I have played with one and I know what it feels like and I liked it) and TNT Fusion 19+ strung at 64 pounds. It should be here next week hopefully. The price was great, less than I paid for my S2 2 years ago (and I got that REAL cheap too). Now the quest for sub-30 dollar shoes continues...until then I will continue to rip up my Air Max Moto's. Any advice/thoughts/recommendations? I considered buying lead tape but I will give it a go stock before draining cash on lead.

raftermania
01-13-2005, 08:15 PM
The legend continues!!!!

If you find lack of depth on your shots, definitely consider adding some weight.

monologuist
01-13-2005, 11:25 PM
congratulations on acquiring a well kept secret weapon....that was the last racquet I played with long term....lived in the shadow of its midplus brother , as well as prejudice against OS racquets. I've moved on to Yonex MP tour-5's and Wilson Surge X's since, but the Warrior OS is very versatile. IT works well with lead in the handle...I had enough to make it balanced at about 8-10 pts; headlight, and it played better than stock. Never tried much lead in the head, as I got plenty of power and stability from the stock head. I had one with Luxilon ALU Rough, and one with a multifilament. Both worked well with it. I think you'll find it to be just as effective as a baseline basher as a serve and volley machine, making it much more versatile than the MP. PLus the extra .5 " gives you sick serves....only switched cuz I felt that an MP stick would benefit my 1hh backhand more.

SpetsnazOp
01-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the replys. I can't wait to hit the courts. The extra .5 inches will help me even more because I am so short :o

SteveI
01-14-2005, 05:22 PM
That would make the frame 32 inches long??? Just kidding man!

Have a good one!

Steve

SpetsnazOp
01-14-2005, 06:35 PM
That would make the frame 32 inches long??? Just kidding man!

Have a good one!

Steve

Edited ;)

Dannyzxk
01-18-2005, 05:32 AM
Is Prince TTW OS better than the Midsize one?

monologuist
01-18-2005, 08:42 AM
I think so...but it depends on your game....it is better from baseline and for serving.

ClemsonTennis9
01-18-2005, 11:25 AM
does anyone know if prince is goin to make a decent racquet similar to the warrior? i wish that harrier DB would come out in the u.s.

SpetsnazOp
01-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Well I am about to play with it for the first time, just got it yesterday. It seems much more...."solid" than my thundercloud. Def. heavier, but it feels like it swings through with more confidence (in my air tests anyway). I volleyed against my garage wall (yes in freezing cold, i was eager) and it is amazing....slice dice flat whatever. The reach seems to be very good too. Can't wait to hit a few groundstrokes and serves :mrgreen:

It looks great too

raftermania
01-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Have you playtested it before? It's sometimes an acquired taste, I hope it's to your liking!

I'm glad it passed your air tests!!!

SpetsnazOp
01-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Well I got back! (boy am I aching)

The racquet is very nice. I am still adjusting...at first one of my strokes went really short. Hmm...so I decided to swing more fully. The benefits of the racquet were then realized. I didn't have to pull "half swings" to avoid hitting a ball long. Interesting. Also, it appears to be very good at slices from anywhere. I don't normally slice much but in situations where the ball came inside fast I could handle balls that normally I couldn't with my Head S2 or thundercloud. :mrgreen: Sometimes I find myself taking weaker swings and the ball landing in the net. Swings that would have resulted in a normal result with the old racquets. I really have to remember to take more full swings and get rid of that "half swing" instinct that I seem to have sometimes. However by the end of the session I was hitting balls better for the most part, and even hitting some long. Still getting "in the groove" and finding a balance of spin and power that will hopefully lead to more consistency. Overall, I am happy with the racquet. Serves I am still working on, but the racquet is fine in that area (it's me that needs the work :mrgreen: ) Oh, and the control is unbelieveable. Once a guy came up to net on me and I hit it right at his feet! Right where I wanted it to go! The control came up again and again making me look good :). Maybe it is the Gamma fusion plus 19 string, but it is much better than what I used to use. With more practice I think this racquet will help my game. Maybe it isn't the racquet, it could very well just be me, but either way I am happy. Just need to remember to tack on the power + spin

Also rafter no I had not played with it before, but the merchant offers a 30 day return policy (I would have probabily ate the cost of string) but I will be keeping it.

python
01-21-2005, 04:58 AM
The Warrior is indeed a slicer's dream. I notice my slice backhands really seem to skid when I hit with one. Really, really, a great choice from TW's liquidation page.

raftermania
01-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Spetsnaz, glad to hear you like it.

The Warrior does enforce a more complete stroke. I see it, like other player racquets as being a "game improvement" racquet, the hard way. If you don't use a full swing with speed, that ball will fall flat in to the net. It can be frustrating. If you continually find yourself hitting shorter than expected, don't hesitate to add a little lead to the frame, even Rafter does it. It'll give the stick a little more pop and penetration.

And ohhh yeah, the warrior is pretty slick when it comes to slices. One of my favorite shots is the left slice backhand with sidespin. Just about everytime I introduce this to an opponent, it leads to a mis-hit! It's a lot of fun, especially when they try to run around it to hit a forehand, only to find the ball curve into them and jam them up!

Anyways, have fun with it! Keep us up to date with your progress.