PDA

View Full Version : APDC vs APD

bladepdb
05-16-2008, 12:02 PM
I know the main difference between them is the cortex system, but I can't seem to find APD and I was wondering what was different about it other than the cortex. Also, which do you guys recommend?

Serpententacle
05-16-2008, 12:07 PM
I know the main difference between them is the cortex system, but I can't seem to find APD and I was wondering what was different about it other than the cortex. Also, which do you guys recommend?
I think there's countless past links about this... I recommend the APD, personally. I think the cortex compromises its feel. I like to feel my shots, and the cortex dampens that, which for me creates more errors. I just feel a more solid hit without the cortex (how many different ways can I say the same thing?). Good luck finding the APD, though.

The one with cortex is just as good according to others.

martin
05-16-2008, 12:09 PM
i have both. I feel no difference or maybe slightly. i would pick the apd and certainly if you can get it cheaper.

Serpententacle
05-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Also, I believe the APD is already a "classic".

bladepdb
05-16-2008, 12:18 PM
I looked around on some popular auction sites and the APD seems pretty reasonable to get.

I have demo'ed the APDC and am strongly considering buying it. So would some of you recommend the APD over the APDC then?

To give you a better idea of my game, I hit a flat forehand and one-handed backhand, taking the fullest stroke I can. NTRP 3.0 player, recreational right now but getting serious into the game. Serve is standard motion, flat serve as of now, working on spin serves.

Thanks for all comments1

dgoran
05-17-2008, 09:47 AM
IMHO for Flat strokes you might want to try Pure Storm with some lead or Pure Storm Tour depending of how high of a swingweight can you handle.

I think that stick might be better for your game. Try it out you have nothing to lose.

Mansewerz
05-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Is pure storm even on TW anymore?

EDIT: Nvrm, it just got moved down on the list.