PDA

View Full Version : new racquets

coolcat
05-16-2008, 02:29 PM
how often do companies put out new racquets once ever 2 or or 3 years maybe i just started so i dont really know

[K]Topspin
05-16-2008, 03:14 PM
You got it about right. About 2 to 3 years.

coolcat
05-16-2008, 03:41 PM
thank u any one know when all the brands released new racquets so about how mch longer till the new lines come out

Nitro
05-16-2008, 04:00 PM
It varies. Some companies will put out a new line every 3 years, others will revamp or change a line after 1. All the companies put out at different times so no one really knows when the next batch will be out from every company. My guess is that Wilson and Babolat come out with a new line within the next year. Prince and Head I think will be a bit longer.

coolcat
05-16-2008, 04:06 PM
thanks guys

meowmix
05-16-2008, 06:08 PM
how often do companies put out new racquets once ever 2 or or 3 years maybe i just started so i dont really know

Introduce a new racket onto the market? Around 3-4 months. Introduce a new line of rackets? Around 2 years.

Ex. Head
Introduced Microgel last year. Started off with the extremes, the instinct and the radical, updated it a few months ago with the prestiges, just added the mojo and that other similar racket. Flexpoint was introduced about 2 years ago, but various rackets in the line were introduced about every 3 months until microgel was introduced.