PDA

View Full Version : Racquets to look out for....

DarthCow
05-16-2008, 07:11 PM
After my recent find of a pro staff in an op shop( dont know what they are called in america) im now determined to find many old racquets and make a collection for a fraction of the price. Ive seen a few old wooden racquets, but i have not bought them yet. Other than some wood racquets, what are some that are worth a lot, or are just a great old stick that isnt being made anymore?

Im wanting to make a collection, starting with the woodies, but wanting to move onto some other ones like St Vincent's etc. Also, what are some other racquets similar to Pro staffs that were popular back in its days? POG? Any other brands?
Hopefully someone with knowledge can assist me with it, as i was not familiar with tennis back in that era.

jetlee2k
05-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't know what's your level of interest into the tennis rackets collection.. but I can tell you this.. it's quite expensive... I am only into Graphite, MID racket collection and my collection now costs me more than 100K USD..

You can start with some Adidas GTX, Wilson Ultra, Ultra 2, Jack Krammer, Pro Staff Saint Vincent, Prostaff, Puma, Fischer MID, Head Prestige Pro 1st, 2nd generation... these rackets are not cheap.. So you got to decide what is your target to achieve.. I would not recommend you collect the woodies since those are hard to maintain with very little value unless you came across some very rare, limited edition..