PDA

View Full Version : Which racquet do you think is the best all around

BruceG
05-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I've narrowed my selection down to two racquets, the V-Engine Mid and the Flexpoint Prestige Mid (only those two racquets, dont want any other suggestions) but now Im kind of stuck in deciding between the two. Like em both, could play with em both, can only pick one. A poll won't seal the deal but it might just give me a bit more food for thought. Wont give you any details about my playing style or level, just focus on the racquet.

Okay, vote for the one you think is the best all-around racquet.

[K]Topspin
05-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Volkl... It just outperforms the head.

BruceG
05-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Topspin;2341364']Volkl... It just outperforms the head.

So far you're the only one who thinks so and it seems that most prefer the Flexpoint Prestige Mid (hope the ones voting have actually used the racquet).

BruceG
05-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Okay, that's interesting. Although no-one actually said why they prefer one over the other it seems that the overwhelming majority think that the Flexpoint Prestige is a better racquet than than the V-Engine MIdsize.

bad_call
05-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Okay, that's interesting. Although no-one actually said why they prefer one over the other it seems that the overwhelming majority think that the Flexpoint Prestige is a better racquet than than the V-Engine MIdsize.

if u read the description, the Prestige has been used by a number of top players. so logic would lead one to believe that the Prestige is a racquet of the same top caliber as the PS85. however when reading the TW reviews of both, (not top players) the V mid appears to be more of their liking.

having played with the V Mid only, i cannot honestly cast an objective vote.

matchmaker
05-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Well I have a VE mid, so I might be biased but I think it is a good all round racquet.

stanfordtennis alum
05-17-2008, 05:57 PM
flexpoint prestige-- all the way

djokster
05-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I just love the flexpoint prestige mid. I have also used the prestige mid line for a long time. Best racquet ever!!

quest01
05-17-2008, 08:17 PM
I would go with Head but if this poll was among all midsize racquets I would choose the K90.

crash1929
05-17-2008, 10:52 PM
babolat pure control with big banger at about 65lbs and dampner.

the ncode90 is like a ferrari. the best but not always practical.

crash1929
05-17-2008, 10:53 PM
oh also important: a leather girp on the pure control and new wilson overgrips all the time.

AndrewD
05-18-2008, 01:24 AM
In my opinion the Flexpoint Prestige Mid is the better of the two. They're both excellent racquets but the Volkl is quite underpowered due to the combination of low swingweight, very head light balance and high degree of flex. Yes, it is easier to swing fast but, then again, it needs to be. The Flexpoint isn't quite so mobile but it is still pretty easy to move quickly (I found it more mobile than earlier Prestige mids). It also outperforms the Volkl in terms of its responsiveness across the entire stringbed. I think that the Volkl dishes up a more biting slice but the Flexpoint Prestige hits a heavier one and is more topspin 'friendly'.

I'd also say that the Prestige is perfect in stock form whereas the Volkl could do with a bit more weight up top to compensate for the lack of grunt.

scraps234
05-18-2008, 09:05 AM
head prestige although volkl makes fantastic alaround raquets.