PDA

View Full Version : How to Apply Lead Tape Please Post Your Pics

dreydey
05-16-2008, 10:11 PM
okay everyone i need help, i want to know what to do in this situation, i recently bought 3 head microgel radicals OS and i love the racquets, i want to make the racquet overall a little heavier,

i dont really have experience with lead tape, i dont really know how to apply the lead tape, i mean know how to just stick it on but i mean where is exactly is the best place to put it, and is it easy to apply, what do i have to look out for when i do this and does it have to be perfectly even and how much do i use, and what kind should i get so that it does not ruin the paintjob on the racquet after i take it off,

im thinking to add weight cause i like heavier racquets, and i think it will be easier on my arm, my racquet is strung with Luxilon Big Banger ALU 16L @59lbs pics would be great, also do i have to put the lead tape on, before i string the racquet

if you can post pics of the lead tape on your racquets it would be awesome

str33t
05-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Good luck.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Customizing/customize.html

dreydey
05-16-2008, 10:28 PM
so do i have to wait to restring then add the lead tape or can i add it while racquet is strung

baek57
05-16-2008, 10:34 PM
you can do it while strung. get some 1/4 inch tape to put around the hoop

dreydey
05-16-2008, 10:36 PM
should i put lead tape at 3 o clock and 9 o clock and sorry for the dumb question but what do u mean around the hoop

dreydey
05-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Has anybody tried the Unique Lead Tape from Tennis-Warehouse.com for $3.49 is it good stuff anyone tried it does it peel off the paint of the racquet the reason it sounds good is cause its precut strips it says, thanks

[d]ragon
05-17-2008, 09:44 AM
ur post and poll being different are kinda confusing ahah

my fav brand is yonex because of their quality control. but they dont make a racquet i like