PDA

View Full Version : TW Donnay Pro One MP vs. OS

Serpententacle
05-17-2008, 05:26 AM
Can anyone tell me how these two compare? Has anyone hit with them both? I know besides the difference in head size, they are composed differently. I think the MP has graphite & Fiberglass, whereas the OS is just 100% graphite. How do they compare and play? Is there entirely different experience from them both?

markwillplay
05-17-2008, 06:23 AM
I have had both and here is my take. First of all, I played more with the mp before I sold it thatn I have the OS (which I have now but is not my main stick). I actually find them very similar in feel relative to the yonex rds002 tour thatI play with now. they are both soft feeling frams and I would swear that they have a very similar flex even though the numbers say they are very different. Not sure why but they both feel flexy to me.

I did feel like the mp was really low powerd as I struggled to block returns the way I am used to and The OS seems to have a bit more punch in that respect. I served better with the mp as far as directional control but not by much...I repeat..not by much. The OS provides great spin like the mp and serves well for an AS for me. I found it easier to play with the OS because of the large sweetspot but I had played extensively with POG OS's so that was a natural transition. So here is the bottom line, both feel softer than most sticks I have played with. Even though the mp felt a little heavier to swing, for some reason (I think head size) it never tired me out and if I had been used to a smaller head, I would have probably kept it. I have 2 OS's now and I am keeping them because if I ever go back to an OS, I don't think there is a better stick to ply with. They hit every bit as good as my old POG 4 stripes which I loved.

Serpententacle
05-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for that comparison.

Anyone tired both and preferred the MP?

The more I think about it, the more I am thinking about buying one of these. Just sounds like too good a deal to pass up. Of course, I don't think it would be my main racquet, but as I age and progress, perhaps I'll appreciate more of a "players' stick".

dreydey
05-27-2008, 03:04 PM
markwillplay what is your main stick

MonkeyMan123
05-27-2008, 05:08 PM
markwillplay what is your main stick

he said it was an rds 002 tour

markwillplay
05-27-2008, 06:57 PM
well, the rds tour did not stick. I actually just played a tournament with the Donnay OS's. I lost in the final (silly 10 pt tie breaker ugghhh) but the racquet served me well.I am still in search of a smaller headed stick to be more accurate on serves but over all, I would say that the Donnay OS is a great stick. I was able to serve and volley pretty well with it and I found it to be pretty stable for an OS agains pretty good pace. I just can't quite pin point my serves with it but that is being pretty picky. My apponents were commenting on my serve and how effective it was. I will keep them to fall back on if my search for a smaller headsize stick does not pan out.