PDA

View Full Version : A little more power

brayman9
05-17-2008, 06:57 AM
At the moment i am using a k90 but have found the power lacking and trouble serving. espiecaly deep into a match. I am looking just to add some more power and take down the weight alittle. I still do like the overall feel of the frame though. Anys suggestions guys?

meowmix
05-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Perhaps increase head size by a little and go up to the 6-1 95 18*20? Or, perhaps try the Volkl DNX 10 MS?

Trevor
05-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Add some lead or change the strings before you change the racquet completely.

[d]ragon
05-17-2008, 10:34 AM
u could try switching the wilson leather to TW leather. TW leather is lighter so it would make ur racquet lighter and abit easier to serve with. or u could just start working out ur shoulders,legs, cores, ect

nalk7
05-17-2008, 10:40 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACUNIQUE-PSSW.html

add one of those to the 12 o clock part of the racquet. its only 3 grams, so your not really going to feel a difference until you swing the racquet ;)
thats basicly my set up on my k90

[d]ragon
05-17-2008, 10:43 AM
i dont think the problem is really lack of power. especially cuz he says he has problems deep into matches, i think that the weight is slowing down his swing

brayman9
05-17-2008, 01:50 PM
ragon;2343379']i dont think the problem is really lack of power. especially cuz he says he has problems deep into matches, i think that the weight is slowing down his swing

ya ya thats it i want take away weight not add it and i don't use the leather grip i have a wilson micro dry under an over grip

Thor
05-17-2008, 01:58 PM
At the moment i am using a k90 but have found the power lacking and trouble serving. espiecaly deep into a match. I am looking just to add some more power and take down the weight alittle. I still do like the overall feel of the frame though. Anys suggestions guys?

Add some lead or change the strings before you change the racquet completely.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACUNIQUE-PSSW.html

add one of those to the 12 o clock part of the racquet. its only 3 grams, so your not really going to feel a difference until you swing the racquet ;)
thats basicly my set up on my k90

Can you people read before you suggest adding weight???

OP - If you cant get enough power from the K90 and you have trouble serving maybe this isnt the stick for you?
This is a racquet for players with SOLID MECHANICS on all strokes,and even then most players feel its not for them.
Get something lighter which will allow you to generate more racquet head speed, and consider a bigger frame.

matchmaker
05-17-2008, 06:22 PM
It is going to be difficult if you want to take weight away from the frame. How are you going to do that??? I would suggest searching for another racquet with more maneuverability (=lower swingweight) and maybe a larger stringbed. Or you can try the Asian K90, which has slightly lighter specs, if you can lay your hands on one.

brayman9
05-17-2008, 07:00 PM
It is going to be difficult if you want to take weight away from the frame. How are you going to do that??? I would suggest searching for another racquet with more maneuverability (=lower swingweight) and maybe a larger stringbed. Or you can try the Asian K90, which has slightly lighter specs, if you can lay your hands on one.

i dont want to do anything with this racket i know there is no way to take away weight i am talking about getting a new racket

babolat15
05-17-2008, 07:44 PM
maybe you should have gone witha slightly lighter racket in the first place

HeadPrestige
05-17-2008, 07:55 PM
you can try the AK90... people on these boards swear by it.

if you want to keep the feel of a midzise... give the rds 001 mid a try. While it is not the most powerful racket out there-- the low SW allows ample access to power... more than the k90 for me.

quest01
05-17-2008, 09:14 PM
I would have said add more weight but you already pointed out you don't want to do that. Another option is to lower tension or use a more powerful string.

To be honest I don't think the K90 is meant for you because you have trouble with the overall weight and another issue you are having is generating power off your ground strokes and serving. The K90 is generally designed for advanced level players.

supertrex
05-17-2008, 09:44 PM

Ive been hearing about this Asian version racquet. Were do you buy this kinds of racquets online? they might have a LM radical or K95 for me.

vndesu
05-17-2008, 10:50 PM
lower tension?
work out a lil

ito me the k90 feels like no power compared to a n90
but after lowering my tension i got lil more power

i string my k90 at 57

bluegrasser
05-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Try the 98 KBlade or the Ozone Pro by Prince.

fuzz nation
05-18-2008, 05:14 AM
Try the 98 KBlade or the Ozone Pro by Prince.

My thoughts exactly.

I tried the LM Prestige mid for a while and the thing just wore me out, so I kept the flex and dropped the weight a little to give myself a more reasonable setup. I enjoy the Prince NXG mid for some playing - it has proved to be a very civilized alternative to that Prestige for me - and I also like to hit the Volkl C10 Pro. The control and feel of a mid can be hard to replace, but the larger stringbed in the C10 gives me a little more gas in a flexible racquet that also delivers nice touch/feel and decent control.

Since it's also a Wilson and may feel rather familiar, you could also have a test drive with the k six-one 95, though it may actually have too hot of a gas pedal for you compared to your 90. A couple of other options that you could look into are the Fischer M Comp and the Becker 11 mid.

brayman9
05-18-2008, 07:49 AM
I would have said add more weight but you already pointed out you don't want to do that. Another option is to lower tension or use a more powerful string.

To be honest I don't think the K90 is meant for you because you have trouble with the overall weight and another issue you are having is generating power off your ground strokes and serving. The K90 is generally designed for advanced level players.

ya it's not because i am 5"6 113 and not fully developed haha but it wasnt my idea to get the racquet it was my coaches ingenious plan that didn't pan out but he gave me the racquets for free.

yasson
05-18-2008, 03:39 PM
you should try a babolat

[K]Topspin
05-25-2008, 11:13 PM
If you want more pop, then get the kblade Tour. It's a great midsize frame with a lot more power than the K90. There's also the Yonex RDS 001 Mid. And finally, the Volkl DNX 10 Mid.

whereisz
05-26-2008, 12:17 AM
lift some weights and gain some pounds then come back to the k90.