PDA

View Full Version : Date of release for the new Prince racquets?

el_mago
01-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Anyone know the exact date yet of when the Prince O3 will be available to the public? I know it's supposed to be some time next month. Any information would be appreciated.

Rabbit
01-14-2005, 08:05 AM
I saw one yesterday. The holes in that thing are enourmous. I haven't hit with it, but the pro and owner of the shop had. They both commented on how stiff the racket was. Both of them also commented that the racket hurt their arms. They don't have the Coria model yet, and were hopeful that it woudln't be that stiff.

Ronaldo
01-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Hopefully Prince waits until April 1st

el_mago
01-14-2005, 08:11 AM
I saw one yesterday. The holes in that thing are enourmous. I haven't hit with it, but the pro and owner of the shop had. They both commented on how stiff the racket was. Both of them also commented that the racket hurt their arms. They don't have the Coria model yet, and were hopeful that it woudln't be that stiff.

I haven't heard much about the model Coria is using.

Does anyone here still think that my signature still takes up too much space because I made it smaller due to someone telling me it did?

equinox
01-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Does anyone here still think that my signature still takes up too much space because I made it smaller due to someone telling me it did?
Maximum of three lines in your signature should be plenty of space.

el_mago
01-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Maximum of three lines in your signature should be plenty of space.
Ok, Will do.

Here's what Chris from TW Staff said about the release date for the racquets
The O3 Oversize and Midplus racquets will be visible this weekend and available for pre-order. We expect to have stock 2/11.

Coria is using the Tour O3 which is not due out till March.

Chris, TW.

Thanks again Chris.

TW Staff
01-14-2005, 09:32 AM
We just made the Prince O3 racquets visible. Head to our Prince racquets page for more info:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/PrinceRacquets.html

Chris, TW.

equinox
01-14-2005, 10:31 PM
I was speaking to my ex-coach who manages a big sporting goods store. He was invited to Princes 2005 product launch which is tonight January 15th. He says product probably won't be available from distributors till sometime in february. Coria's racquet may not be available immediately.

Heh, hopefully i'll learn more about these o3 gimmick racquets on monday.

Tomo
01-17-2005, 04:02 PM
I was just talking with the guy at my club who talked to the prince rep yesterday. The new O3's are coming out over the next few months with the red and silver due in early Feb. I think he said the NXG and the new Diablo XP were going to be out in May. I could double check if you want. And by the way, the new Red is pretty stiff. I currently use an NXG though, and enjoy a stiffer racquet. I plan to buy a red as soon as it comes out because it was similar to my NXG, except it was lighter, more forgiving, and had more pop (and from more area of the stringbed, to boot). I felt a dramatic positive impact on all of my shots, especially my topspin groundies.

Aonex
01-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Anyone have any info for the Tour 03... specs, color, etc.?

gregraven
01-17-2005, 08:43 PM
According to Steve Davis at Prince, as of last Thursday they had yet to finalize the specs on the O3 Tour. He made it sound as if they were very close to finalizing it, though.

christo
01-17-2005, 09:03 PM
And if you don't like the racquet maybe you could use it as an umbrella stand or some such device. Prince definitely takes the cake, no wait a second, rollers, power holes, Wilson has had some divine inspiration over the years.
As P.T. Barnum once said............

mrwise
01-18-2005, 04:13 AM
I got to hit with the O3 rackets/Diablo XP models/and the Coria O3 racket this weekend. They all are decent rackets. I was very skeptical on the technology because I don't like the MORE rackets. I was impressed with them to some extent. As far as the specs on the Coria racket...It is not due out until May. As far as the racket specs...100 sq inches...27.5 inches...and 12.3 strung...Now my question is that if Coria is using this racket in his matches, then why does it look like his rackets have grommets in the pictures from the tournaments? The one I hit with obviously had the O3 holes. It is kind of sad that the racket companies don't even know what to tell their own people that the pros are using something different.