PDA

View Full Version : Prince Diablo Tour Mid?

protour280
01-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Any threads on this racquet. I read the TW review and seems like it might be a good frame. Any good/bad experiences with it?

Have there been any comparisons on it?

BLiND
01-14-2005, 01:32 PM
From the review its like the POG 93", but heavier and more stable. I got one on the way so will post when I get it.

Serve-And-Volley
01-14-2005, 01:45 PM
I like the Diablo and had good hard groundstorkes for the baseline and was comfortable at the net, I could also but kick or slice on my serve. I agree that it sort of feels like the POG 93 but I noticed some similarities. Just me. Hope that helps.

danniflava
01-14-2005, 03:12 PM
What NTRP level should you be at to get the best out of this racquet? How is the Diablo with your arm?

BLiND
01-15-2005, 01:18 AM
Thats difficult because its a 93" head but its larger than a Prestige (my current racquet), with a much bigger sweetspot, so I'd say 4.0+... give it a try if your 3.5 with good technique, you might do well with it.

TripleB
01-15-2005, 03:40 AM
The Diablo Mid plays similar to the POG Mid but is more solid and is less maneuverable. I preferred the maneuverability of the POG mid and the fact that it seemed like I could 'feel' the ball on the strings better with the POG. I found the Diablo to be even slower at the net than my Prince. Very solid on groundstrokes though if you have the time to prepare. I found myself being late many times.

If I were to stay in the 90-93 sq in head range I would go with the Yonex RDX-500 Mid over either one of the above racquets. {I'm going to order two of the RDX-500 Midplus racquets next week}

TripleB