PDA

View Full Version : I got scammed by "Luirozzi" . What to do?

monologuist
01-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Does anyone have any experience with what to do when someone on this board screws you on a used racquet transaction through Paypal? THis guy Luirozzi, aka Luigi Rossi, aka Luigiro , tried to sell me a used Babolat Aeropro Drive from belgium a few weeks ago, and it never came. unfortunately, I searched the threads too late to find that many others had been scammed by him too. IIs there any way to nail this guy ,and/or recover my money somehow?

OnyxZ28
01-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Get his IP from the email headers,trace it, contact his ISP, contact the Belgian authorities, contact the FBI's fraud unit. If you have a friend who is a lawyer, and have his contact info, write him a letter threatening action.

AndrewD
01-14-2005, 06:21 PM
If you paid via PayPal using a credit card, contact your bank. I'm not sure of the way they work in America but in Australia there is a little known safe-guard which might be applicable to your situation.

Here, if you use a credit card to make a purchase and never receive the goods you can make a claim to the bank as there is a stipulation that a transaction is only good when you take possession of the merchandise you contracted for. If you don't recieve those goods the bank is liable to reimburse you (providing you make the claim and can provide evidence). They then pursue action against the seller.

That is only relevant if you used a credit card.

Option 2. Contact PayPal to find out what their arrangements are.

gumbo
01-14-2005, 07:52 PM
If you used Paypay you can filing a claim at their resolution center. I was able to get my money back.

Steve Huff
01-14-2005, 09:00 PM
You really need to check the reference section. His name has been up there for a while as a scammer.

Gaines Hillix
01-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Like Andrew said. The same rules apply in the US.

monologuist
01-15-2005, 04:02 PM
well...I learned my lesson now...but I guess I figured, who the hell would try to scam people on tennis racquets? Just not the kind of world that Ithought I run into people like that, and such small returns for the risk! So it seems scammers exist in all subcultures....oh well...now I know

K. Wilson Moose
01-15-2005, 04:09 PM
well...I learned my lesson now...but I guess I figured, who the hell would try to scam people on tennis racquets? Just not the kind of world that Ithought I run into people like that, and such small returns for the risk! So it seems scammers exist in all subcultures....oh well...now I know

Yeah, that is sadly true. The overwhelming majority of folks on the TW boards are fair and honest people. I have done many deals without a hitch, but unless I know the buyer or seller, I always do my homework.