PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's forehand... how???

Agent Smith
03-25-2004, 10:40 AM
I think Nadal has one of the most coolest forehands but I find it very confusing. I dl'ed the videos of the forehands at vamosrafael.com but I didn't have much success copying his forehands.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions as to how to hit his forehand?

James Brown
03-25-2004, 12:32 PM
theres a windshield wiper motion to it. he hits it relatively early with a nice big western grip (depending on your definition of 'western' :>). Not much else...

PhatAbbott
03-25-2004, 11:22 PM
He seems to hit with an almost straight arm a long way infront of him. Drops the racket quite a bit below the ball and goes up and through. Hes not really windscreen wipering it, he just extends out a long way and then lets it finish by his side.

The kids really strong and drops the racket below the ball on both sides. So really he can just swing out as hard as he can with alot of margin for error.

Zoroaster
03-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Agent Smith,

If you go to the photos/AV section of his website and about 3/4 of the way down that page there is a "Miscellaneous Photos" section with a Forehand and Backhand analysis part where there are photos that go through his shots. Maybe slowing it down with the pictures will help then you can just piece it together. Or use it in conjunction with the video and use the photos as a more accurate examination. Either way, hope it helps!

Brad

Agent Smith
03-27-2004, 01:35 AM
Wow I really noticed he drops the racket a lot below the ball before contact... I'm gonna go try that out soon hehe