PDA

View Full Version : How to removed the sticky stuff from the tape on top of the headguard?

dannyboy
01-15-2005, 08:42 AM
I try different things but didn't help much. Let me know some suggestions or comment?

thanks for looking !!!

el_mago
01-15-2005, 08:48 AM
If you are talking about the head tape that is used to protect the head guard and grommets, I used to put head tape on my head guard. When I was going to get my racquet restrung, I tried to remove the tape but I just could not do it. I just left it at the stringer's and they removed it all for me. As to how they did it, I don't know. You could try to remove it very carefully or go to a stringer and they would probably take it off for you.

finchy
01-15-2005, 10:39 AM
try some regular alchohol to remove the stickyness. it gets off easy.

Gaines Hillix
01-15-2005, 10:58 AM
If you are talking about the sticky residue that is left on the bumper gaurd after you remove head tape, alcohol or Goo Gone will do the trick.

el_mago
01-15-2005, 11:02 AM
If you are talking about the sticky residue that is left on the bumper gaurd after you remove head tape, alcohol or Goo Gone will do the trick.

I posted on how to take it off without leaving bits of the tape still stuck on, sorry. On my old stick, I also had that sticky residue on the bumper guard and I wish I knew to use alcohol or Goo Gone to get it off.

finchy
01-15-2005, 12:22 PM
^ and this is how he has 300+ posts in what, 2 weeks? wow.

el_mago
01-15-2005, 12:26 PM
^ and this is how he has 300+ posts in what, 2 weeks? wow.

Sorry to add to the needless posts... If you think I've posted things not worthy of being posted, please tell me.

el_mago
01-15-2005, 01:01 PM
The reason to why I've had so much time to spend on the boards is due to break that I have been having from school, which started a week or so ago, and I will be returning to school after the holiday on Monday. I am on the boards a lot because it has been raining a lot where I live and I usually don't have a ride to the courts. I really like it here so I can discuss the beautiful sport of tennis with others. If posters have a complaint against me, I will leave the boards if you like.

OnyxZ28
01-15-2005, 01:28 PM
No need to be so drastic. If you go to Target or something, 3M also has an adhesive remover that is userful for taking off the sticky stuff.