PDA

View Full Version : Best Source for Fischer Racquets

Gaines Hillix
03-25-2004, 12:54 PM
If you have a good source for these, especially at a good price, please let me know.

TIA, :o

Gaines

jayserinos99
03-25-2004, 12:57 PM
I'd like to know as well. I'm very interested in getting a Pro 1.

Bhagi Katbamna
03-25-2004, 03:21 PM
**** search is your friend.

coachrick
03-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Gaines, try this fellow...ask for a price list...
cikeuchi@yahoo.com

jayserinos99
03-26-2004, 02:14 AM
Curtis has some good deals and I'm on his mailing list but I don't see any Fischers on the list.

alricqian
03-26-2004, 02:45 AM
do you guys know how much is a pro extreme FT online? i bought one at $150. is that a goooood bargain at all?

marc tressard
03-26-2004, 05:18 AM
I still use for much of the time when not dealing with advanced pace their V1 "clone," the long discontinued GDS 300 (white version). The new Fischer stable looks more and more to me to be going down market in design to attract a more casual player; these are designed for shelf appeal (like workers at a Reno sex ranch) and "pick up" appeal. For this audience there are two Fischers left, the Extreme, which so unforgiving and precise as to be unplayable for sub 5.0's, and the venerable ceramic #1. Their catalog looks more like a toy store every season. You may recall a day not long ago when the 3 triangles made beginner and recreational rackets that were 12 ounces with 98 inch heads. In 1997 they introduced Revolution length and the color yellow and tried to compete with the Wilson and Prince ethos with poor results. The quirky Fischer image slowly set with the evening sun. I tried some of their longbody attempts like a Pro #1XL and a heavier Revolution pro 98 and could keep no ball in the court! Their light early GDS 700 was like hitting with a feather pillow: no feel, no power, no control but a huge influx of yellow. I loved the GDS 300 (V 1 "clone" for 60% of the price) but it vanished in one season and there is no way to get a replacement in the Milky Way galaxy because they imported 100 of them. I keep a Pro Classic XL for those days I think I know how to play this game at long last. That racket informs me of my stroke progress the way a professor would judge a student. So if you are Fischerphiles you'll be drawn to the rackets pre 21st century.

Shane Reynolds
03-26-2004, 05:21 AM
I have two Pro Impact FT's and two Pro No. 1's I'm trying to sell, if you're interested. I've tried to post them a dozen times on the proper message board but I keep getting a message that the forum or topic does not exist. Let me know if you're interested.

larrhall
03-26-2004, 06:36 AM
Shane, please send some info on your Pro Ones; thanks.

Shane Reynolds
03-26-2004, 07:21 AM
They are last year's black, white and red model - the one on the fischertennisusa.com website. Not the one on the new site but the one available at local shops last year. One of them has a tiny chip at the top, right next to where it says "98 sq inches" or something like that. I showed it to my dealer but he did not want to take it back because it was purely cosmetic. The other one was procured in a trade with David Fong - I have never hit it but it appears to be in perfect shape. Both are 4 3/8 grip and should be restrung.

Shane Reynolds
03-26-2004, 07:22 AM
BTW, Gaines, if you live in Marietta, you can go to Your Serve - that's where I got all of my Fischers except for the one I got from David Fong.

larrhall
03-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Thanks, Shane. If you post your email address here I would appreciate it.

Shane Reynolds
03-26-2004, 07:35 PM
shanereyno@hotmail.com