PDA

View Full Version : i need a replacement for my diablo mp

BAMF
05-27-2008, 08:41 AM
i need a replacement for my diablo mp. At state this year (senior year), we lost against some scrubs(in doubles) so i got ****ed and smashed my diablo. i still use my spare for tournaments but was wandering what newer raquets play silmilar to it.

i kindof want something a tad more advances mabe 98 to 95 sqinches.
i play a hell of a lot of doubles so it needs to have some pretty consistant vollying caspabilities and needs to have enough control to get some awkwardly angled baseline strokes in

thanks for any suggestions

fuzz nation
05-27-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm pretty big on heavier, more stable frames and I've always preferred the Prince NXG mp over the Diablo mp - the NXG mp also churns out a ton of spin from the baseline for me. Although it's probably a little heftier, I've been really impressed in my outings with the Prince Hybrid Tour. Great all court performance and in your case, it has a familiar grip shape, too.

Don't fixate on any racquet that you think should be more advanced - if your Diablo is a perfect fit for you, try to find another one. If you do some demoing, I'd consider including the Yonex RQiS 1 Tour among your samples or even one of the racquets from their RDS line. I tried the RDS 002 Tour version for a good bit and it was a dynamite frame for doubles - it's nice and headlight for quick handling, hefty enough to be stable, and crisp enough to pop nice volleys and accurate serves.

BAMF
05-27-2008, 09:42 AM
yeah, i do love the diablo, i just figured if there is something that works better for my game, now is the time to look. i also like the prince hybrid and am pretty excited to test out a yonex cause i never have before