PDA

View Full Version : Adding leadtape at 12 o'clock

martin
05-27-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm trying to make a m-fil300 more powerful. Before this i added leadtape at 3 and 9 o'clock and in the handle but the power increase was not as expected.
Now i want to try some lead in the handle and 5 grams at 12 o'clock.
Does this make the racket a lot more powerful or only slightly. Anyone who tried this?

deme08
05-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Does this make the racket a lot more powerful or only slightly. Anyone who tried this?

It'd be a lot more powerful relatively speaking as adding lead on 12 is the most effective way to increase swingweight without adding overall static weight.

LPShanet
05-27-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm trying to make a m-fil300 more powerful. Before this i added leadtape at 3 and 9 o'clock and in the handle but the power increase was not as expected.
Now i want to try some lead in the handle and 5 grams at 12 o'clock.

It may increase a racquet's POTENTIAL power, but you have to be able to swing the racquet just as fast as you could at its original weight to realize the increased power. Also, adding weight at 12 o'clock will take away the stability benefits of the 3 and 9 placements, making it more vulnerable to twisting. How much actual weight did you add in the original cases you described? As for your proposed increase, 5 grams isn't much, but it may make a difference at 12 o'clock. In the end, though, you have to keep your racquet speed at the same level as it was...

martin
05-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally i had 10 grams of lead along the handle and a total of 6 grams at 3 and 9 o'clock.
Now i have 5 grams along the handle and 5 grams at 12 o'clock.